Ah time to break my long posting break at MA. :)

I guess some forum members might know me from other sword and sword related forums, as I'm a member of several. I have been reading myArmoury from the 2004 when I've joined. I've just not posted much as my main sword collecting preferences lie in nihonto, but I do appreciate swords of all cultures and I have large intrest in viking & iron age swords. This forum has been a wealth of information over the years. And I plan to become more active here in the future.

We are holding a Finland Token Kai 6.-7.7. in Jyväskylä at Aikiken dojo. This is a rare opportunity to see authentic samurai swords and weaponry + armors here in Finland. For more detailed information you can see the schedule here: http://www.aikiken.fi/finland-token-kai/

Event will be open to everyone and open saturday 11-18 and sunday 10-16.

There will be exhibition of samurai weaponry and armors, and we collectors are there to advice anyone intrested in japanese weaponry or samurai culture. And if you happen to have a sword of your own, we can offer translation and identification help. There will also be some lectures on saturday on Japanese swords. There will also be demonstration of Tenshinsho-den Katori Shinto Ryu on both days.

The event will be held in Finnish but international guests are more than welcome.

I know nihonto are not exactly the focus of myArmoury but since the opportunities to see antique swords in Finland are quite rare I thought I should post this, mostly for Finnish members of the forum to see. Of course mods feel free to move this to appropriate section.

Those who have questions about the event feel free to message me or this thread.