Damascus Dane
I finished this axe before xmas... but the fine finish was bugging me so I cut it off the handle and re cleaned it up and re etched it and I am happy now!

A couple before refinishing....
[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

300 odd layers 15n20 en42.
Forging the damascus simples,
Forging the axe head simples,
grinding the whole thing up to a fine finish ...not so simples.......but it ended up OK!
well I cleaned it up. and deep etched it . I think it looks good now!

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
[/img][/img]
Owen,beautiful work as always,that has very graceful lines, love it.
bloomin' brilliant! What wonderful work. Might one ask as to what kind of cost that would be?

Griff
A lovely piece. Excellent work.

Paul
Wow Owen very cool! :D
Utterly beautiful work, those lines are mesmerizing. Your pic is quite intimidating...lol
The damascus in itself is very attractive but I think it also makes the already elegant shape of the axe even more apparent than it was before bringing out the pattern: Great looking " Scary " axe, but it stands by itself as a beautiful piece of sculpture and a great piece of art .
That is a lovely, lovely thing and truly a work of love and skill.

Fabulous.

By the way when are you going to start selling posters of that picture in the bowler - I think all smiths should look like that.

Tod
Not a huge fan of damascus in general. but wow, on an axe that is gorgeous! that shape is great as well!
Holy Cow that's magnificent Owen!

Very graceful lines for such a large weapon...the pattern is glorious, almost hypnotic to look at.

You look like you just chopped someone's head on this shot (is that blood on your apron? :) )

Cheers,

J

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: