Question on the albion epee de guerre.
Hello all,

I've researched multiple forums and and even read albions website of course. I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience with an albion epee de guerre and if so have they used it one-handed? What did they think about the potentiality to use such a sword with a shield specifically a heater shield? Thank you all very much for your time.

Best regards,

Barrett Hiebert
Go try it yourself and report the results to us. :D Anyway, it should theoretically be possible to wield the Epee de Guerre one-handed, shield or no shield. It's probably going to be a little on the sluggish side but not to the extent of being unusable.
Hello Barrett,

I do not think the Epée de Guerre is very well suited for single hand use with a shield.
You could deliver a few strokes with it single handed, but I do not think you would like to use it like that for any extended period of time.
It shares this character with other large swords swords of this type. They are primarily intended for two handed use, even if you can deliver blows with one hand as well.
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply all.

Well I'm going to try it! I like your dangerous thinking Mr.Curtis! ;P Start off with the sword first then if I develop the strength, control, necessary finesse then I'll pick up a heater shield.

Thanks for chiming in too Peter. I remember discussing with you that you can make wide long training swords like a tritonia sized blade but make a larger handle to offset the size of the blade providing greater counter balance. Isn't that what has happened with an albion epee de guerre in essence? Or is it not the same as would be a training equivalent for a tritonia due to difference in mass distribution and distal taper?

Best regards,

Barrett Hiebert

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: