Go to page Previous  1, 2

Is the wood painted or is it naturally that dark? The contrast between the black hilt and the brass furniture is visually very striking. This piece has a real Gladiator look to it, and that's a compliment BTW.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Is the wood painted or is it naturally that dark? The contrast between the black hilt and the brass furniture is visually very striking. This piece has a real Gladiator look to it, and that's a compliment BTW.

The wood I use is either walnut or ebony depending upon availability. Both types are naturally dark.
Sonny
I'm very interested to here feed back on this sword and see more photos as it's one that I also have found "visually striking" and wouldn't mind adding to my collection.
Joel:
I too found it visually striking and at a great price. After talking to Sonny about it I decided to put the order in and was told the turn around time would be about 5 weeks, which is relatively quick in comparison to other makers. I'll put photos up with my comments. Those with a background in Roman weapons will weigh in I'm sure. After all, this is myArmoury.com.

Regards, Jon
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: