Any information on DT2135?
Del Tin's DT2135 is either a fairly new design or perhaps a revamped reissue of a discontinued item. The website says that it is an interpretation of a sword in the Markrisches Museum in Berlin. It has the look of a Type XII with an interesting pommel and long carved wooden grip. Very unusual for a Del Tin, it has extensive distal taper, 4.6mm at guard and 2.3mm near the tip, though what it does between those two points isn't published at Kult of Athena. The picture at Del Tin shows a much sharper point than do the pictures at KOA.

Does anyone have experience with this model? How handy a sword is it? Like most Del Tins, it is a little overweight, but the distal taper gives me hope.

Has anyone seen or have a photo of that sword in the Berlin museum?

Entry at Kult of Athena

Attachment: 50.5 KB
DT2135.jpg
From Del Tin website

Attachment: 93.77 KB
DT2135b.jpg
From Del Tin website

Attachment: 98.31 KB
DT2135c.jpg
From Del Tin website
I had one but sold it a few months ago. It came from KOA and was a very nice looking sword. Mine had a slightly loose guard and made a small sound in the grip. The bottom band on the grip was not flush with the guard and showed about an 1/8 gap where you could see the tang. Even though the above sounds bad, they were all very easy fixes.

Sword was not what I would call nimble. I pictured the sword more as a mounted weapon but was not difficult to use on foot for short periods of time. Grip was just a little longer than I personally like for a single-handed sword. Sword is very easy on the eyes and the pommel is very nice. Wood grip was well done and actually comfortable.
I have this model as well, purchased from Kult of Athena. I will echo a lot of William's thoughts, it has an unusually long handle for the type but since IMO the cross is also slightly longer than average...it balances out nicely in terms of symmetry.

I wrote a review over at SBG.
http://forum.sword-buyers-guide.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14873

My model has no real issues. No noises or rattles in the hilt, everything seems tight. The brass? bands on mine at the top and bottom of the grip have a very hand made look to them, as the decorative etching looks a tad rough, but hardly something that bothers me.

Of the 3 Del Tins I own, this model has the greatest amount of distal taper for sure. It has some heft, but nothing like my other 2 DTs. Overall I think it handles pretty nice. Its one of my favorites in my (note - lower end for the most part) collection.
Thanks for the responses. That was a good, informative review, Bryan.
The original they refer too is a sword that inspired Albion Count's pommel: http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...ations.htm
Re: Any information on DT2135?
Roger Hooper wrote:
It has the look of a Type XII with an interesting pommel and long carved wooden grip. Very unusual for a Del Tin, it has extensive distal taper, 4.6mm at guard and 2.3mm near the tip, though what it does between those two points isn't published at Kult of Athena. The picture at Del Tin shows a much sharper point than do the pictures at KOA.

Yeah, the picture at KoA looks like it could fit as easily in XIII as XII, which would be consistent with the longer handle.

I've also admired this one and a number of the others shown at KoA. DT2132, DT2121, DT2131, DT2148, DT5141, DT5151 and perhaps others have an equally pronounced distal taper much like more expensive pieces. And Del Tin still has replicas of a number of unique swords that one cannot find elsewhere.

I just sold my 'last' Del Tin, but some of the Del Tin swords at KoA look pretty tempting.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: