Albion Svardfest # 1
Checkout the Albion Armorers News page ...... there is quite the Gathering going on in Wisconsin , that includes our beloved leaders, Nathan & Patrick ! http://www.albionarmorers.com/news.htm

Of course they had to call me to tell me all about the fun I was missing, nice guys huh! *g*

I had the honor of talking with swordsmith Peter Johnsson for the first time , and he truely was as nice as he is talented !

Wishing I was there ..... have a blast guys ! , Mac

[ Linked Image ]
Looks like everyone is having a great time! It will be interesting to hear what Nathan and Patrick will tell us about the PJ-designed swords. I handled a couple of them a year ago, and they rock! When Peter returns to Sweden in about a week's time, he will bring along Eric McHugh of Albion, which will provide me with the chance to meet Eric for the first time. There are plans for museum visits, where we will hopefully handle a bunch of originals.
See that sword lying on the table? The one in the scabbard?

[ Linked Image ]

That's my new PJ!
Patrick Kelly wrote:
See that sword lying on the table? The one in the scabbard?

[ Linked Image ]

That's my new PJ!

And the two just to the right are both MINE!!!!!!!!! (Yippee, doin' the happy dance .....)

Just for the record, Patrick considers my two to add up to a single real sword, like his new type X. The only thing I have to say is why use cleaver when a scalpel will do the job. And for those doubting Thomases, Howard (using my first PJ) performed the most amazing series of cuts on a mat roll I have ever seen. Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy of the video.
"The only thing I have to say is why use cleaver when a scalpel will do the job. "

Because Butchers are men, Doctors are pussies :lol:
LOL Patrick. Both the swords you guys have are really awe struck type of swords. Congrats to the both of you :)
"Because Butchers are men, Doctors are pussies :lol"

Hey! I resemble that remark!

With all due respect, Patrick's "Big Johnsson" is not a blade I would want to be on the receiving end of. It is a cutting demon that would quickly end any confrontation with devastating consequences.
Quote:
With all due respect, Patrick's "Big Johnsson" is not a blade I would want to be on the receiving end of. It is a cutting demon that would quickly end any confrontation with devastating consequences.

All kidding aside, Harlan has two of the nicest swords I've seen and handled. While they may be a little light for my taste they are beautifully made. Harlans newest one has wonderful fuller work on its ricasso, as well as very precise file work on the pommel and guard. The pommel is a great study in aesthetics in and of itself. If I could have afforded it I would have bought it right along with BJ.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: