This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello folks,

bought this a few months ago. Did some work to clean up the blade a little, fixed the grip, and carved a new scabbard for it out of poplar wood. The wood of the grip was actually slightly thicker than the cross and pommel itself which bugged me, so I rasped it thinner to make the grip more comfortable, and wrapped it in a suede leather tsukaito that works well as a thonging.

This blade is a giant. 2.5 inches wide, about 35 inches long in the blade, 43 overall. 3lb, 10oz in weight. Oddly enough one of the Del Tin viking swords with the full bronze hilt weighs about the same... anyways, this sword was sold in the really old Windlass catalogs decades ago. It has seen a few decades of aging, but I personally feel it adds to the beauty of it.

Runes spell JUSTENSEN, or "Justice". Not just my last name but a motto as well. I'm not the largest fellow but I can handle this sword decently well, it definitely isn't a speedy blade, but whatever you hit is probably going to stay down afterwards. Scabbard only fits one was, the cross isn't perfectly symmetrical. You'll know if you sheathed it right immediately.

Asking $365 shipped in the US. Outside the US might be costly as it will be too big to ship with USPS (package limits are 42 inches). This is what I paid for the blade, plus the scabbard and what I expect to lose after Paypal takes a chunk out. Paypal only please.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]