Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: Legacy Arms Two Handed Viking Sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Crusader Monk: Legacy Arms Two Handed Viking Sword         Reply with quote

Here is one I just finished up. This is a Legacy Arms Two Handed Viking sword. The sword itself is a monster of a blade, which comes pretty plain from the factory. I gave this one a treatment to enhance it's looks for the customer, going for a fantasy Viking appearance with a traditional flair.

The design is a modification of the customer's original design idea. The original idea had to be modified a bit due to the PoB of the sword, the length, and the overall weight. It still turned out pretty close to the original drawing though on this massive shield splitter.

Here is a laundry list of what was done:

- Hand-carved poplar core created, decorated with thick hemp (to make the risers over-sized), then covered with leather.
- Dual raven head strap bridge carved from antique red oak and affixed to scabbard.
- Decorative leather bands added to the scabbard.
- Simple steel chape created and added.
- Grip stripped and reprofiled to give it more of a waisted shape.
- Grip decorated with thick central riser and two smaller ones, then wrapped in leather and bound with cord.
- Satin finish applied to sword furniture.
- 1" leather baldric made then weathered for an antique appearance.

I hope you guys enjoy! Big Grin

Note: This has been the only FREE SHIPPING piece I have gotten out the door thus far, we only have 2 WEEKS LEFT on the End of the World Free Shipping Event - so now is the time to get your sword in for some TLC!

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Bryan Johnson

Reading list: 28 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan

Very nice. The craftsmanship just keeps getting better. Keep up the good work.

Bryan Johnson
Jack Savante

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice work! I always enjoy seeing your work on this site because it's so refreshing and innovative. I really liked that idea of a 'melt job' you applied to a Windlass and have done the same to several of my swords, and I'm really pleased with the results! Keep the posts coming, I'm a huge fan!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: Legacy Arms Two Handed Viking Sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic