Go to page 1, 2  Next

Leeds Pole Axe -Custom Replica A&A
Our shop has been very busy of late and we have a bunch of custom projects that are in the final stages. One that has turned out quite well is this Pole Axe replicating one in Leeds. The original has the lower portion of the haft missing so we made a butt spike in the style and finished to the length requested by the customer.

As you can see it is full of detail. This was a project Josh took on and he really hit the ball out of the park. He created some very nice work in the steel and bronze detail. In particular he did a great job on the insets on the top spike and the strips that run down the haft.

The wood is ash for the haft and the langets are inset into the wood. All of the detail is hand done with chisel and file. I know there are a couple of folks here that would like this so we wanted to share.

We hope to have several piece added to the custom section on our website soon but felt this piece would be appreciated here.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

You can see some other projects Josh has done on his website here Davis Reproductions

I will get some specs up tomorrow as I think I left them at the shop.

Best
Craig

www.arms-n-armor.com
Wow - that is some amazing work.
Wow. Just, wow. I need to find a spatula to scrape my jaw off of the floor. That is truly spectacular!
That is outrageous. It really is on par with the one at Leeds. Fantastic.

I really, really want to get into the queue of Josh Davis.

[ Linked Image ]
Super cool... I love all the little detail! Exquisite
I don't know anything about pole axes but the detail looks awesome
That's a bit good... The filework blows me away. Great work Josh! Nice to see you guys finishing off some custom pieces. They are always top notch! I hope the other ones you are making are just as nice and we can see those finished soon too!
Nathan Robinson wrote:
... I really, really want to get into the queue...

*Ba dum tss* :p
Apply whatever superlatives you like. Wow. Simply wow.
WOW, that's a beautiful pole arm!

Congratulations Josh.

Craig, I know that you must be proud to have such a piece come out of your shop.

Really great.
Great work Josh!
Wonderful to see a dedicated study of this fine pole axe.
Beautiful work Josh, really great attention to detail throughout.

Tod
Re: Leeds Pole Axe -Custom Replica A&A
Craig Johnson wrote:
I know there are a couple of folks here that would like this so we wanted to share.

You are being far too modest, like doesn't even come close to it.
Wow simply outstanding. Even without the detailed chisel work it's form alone would make this the best modern made pollaxe I've ever seen. Great job Josh, very well done.
Well that is...I mean...

All I can do is quote George Takei

Oh Myyyyyyyyy
Nothing to add except that I agree with everything said. It looks like a Faberge Egg. Exquisite.
Incredibly beautiful work, nice contrast of materials and a general richness of detail. :cool:
That is pretty much amazing.
Leeds Pollaxe
Happy Thanksgiving all,
I have had the pleasure of seeing this beauty and handling her ... In a word ... exquisite ! It is a little smaller than the original if I am correct but that was due to the customer`s specs ...
A truly lovely weapon.
Hope to see some of you at the shop on Saturday !
Tim Mathews
This is a stunning poleaxe. I think it is by far the nicest polearm I have ever seen from Arms and Armor, and it's arguably their best custom piece to date. The level of detail and quality of craftsmanship is outstanding.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: