Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to find Helm Brasses (plaques) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ray Sipler

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Where to find Helm Brasses (plaques)         Reply with quote

Afternoon Folks,
I have a custom Helm that will be arriving shortly, and im looking everywhere to find- purchase decorative helm brasses, plaques, Stamped, similar to the Vendel- Saxon culture shown here :

The only place ive seen that sells them seperate is Raymond's Quiet Press: https://www.quietpress.com/ Although on site, it states new product added Sept. 2012, I have sent 2 emails & called twice since begining of October just to make sure they are still in busniness, without a Response. So i'm not even sure if the site is still active to date. If anyone in their wisdom knows of him or knows where i can get my paws on some Us based or even Europe. it would be Greatly appreciated Thanks

" He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be Victorious" - Sun Tzu

Last edited by Ray Sipler on Mon 05 Nov, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
R Lister

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

http://www.ganderwick.com
---------------
Rich
Herigeas Hundas
hampshirereenactment.com
Robert Muse

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Helmet plates         Reply with quote

Hello Ray.

I have had good luck ordering from Raymond's Quiet Press several times. The materials are good, but of course no where near the quality of Ganderwick Creations. But then you aren't paying $300 for a buckle.

However, Raymonds Quiet Press has NEVER returned any emails I have sent asking about items. Even when he is back from his travels. He will send the items out quickly, but don't count on any contact.

Robert
Ray Sipler

PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

R Lister-
Thanks for the link, Very nice indeed, im just a little concerned of the thickness ( holding up) due to they will be used on a SCA combat helm . get killed on shipping to the US, they are very nice thats for sure. Its still an option

Robert Muse -
Thank you for the input. I've just been hesitant to order, since my attempts at contact were just to confirm his shop is still operational. Cause who wants to spend $150+ with no contact or even a guess on shipping time. Just a concern, being a victim of making a purchase yrs ago, to a private business, and 8 mos go by then have to fight with pay-pal to try to get my $ back.

" He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be Victorious" - Sun Tzu

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to find Helm Brasses (plaques)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic