FS Merctailor Arms, 14th c. Fluted Cops
I have for sale a set of the 14th century arms we used to make and a pair of fluted late 13/14th century knee cops for sale.

The arms are made from 16 gauge steel with rolled and beveled edges where needed, they have hand made buckles and steel strap ends with light decorative file and chisel work. The bracers turn in slots in the manner of the " Voght of Match " armour in Churburg ( also shown close up in TOMAR ). Tha bracers are 8 1/8 inches long and have a max circumference of 14 1/2 inches at the fore arm and 10 5/8 inches at the wrist ( they are adjustable ). They fit me fine and i'm thouroughly average with 14 1/2 inch biscepts and arms that are 23 inches from the ball of the shoulder to the wrist. They bend fully through the range of the arm and have plenty of hyperextension ( second pic ). These are strapped in black leather rather than the brown shown. I'd like to get $165.00 per pair ( less than we used to charge for them with cast buckles and regular non turning bracers ) plus shipping.

I recall seeing a thread or two a few moths ago of folks looking for five creased/fluted cops base on some funnery effigies ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154064&hilit=looking+for+knees+like+these )
so decided to make up a set. The knees are made from 16 gauge steel with a five ridges/flutes each, are lined with leather and have 1/4 inch of cotton batting padding between the leather and steel. They are strapped including hand made buckles and steel strap ends with light decorative file and chisel work. I am 17.5 inches at the knee and these fit me fine. I'd like to get $65 plus shipping for the knees

Paypal, check or MO is fine. Feel free to ask questions.

Attachment: 59.33 KB
14th century arms reduced.jpg

Attachment: 48.44 KB
14th century arm hyperextension reduced.jpg

Attachment: 59.36 KB
14th century arm bracer reduced.jpg

Attachment: 46.61 KB
five crease knees reduced.jpg

Attachment: 54.01 KB
five crease knee single profile reduced.jpg

Attachment: 47.85 KB
five crease knee on reduced.jpg

Attachment: 23.36 KB
spaulder buckle reduced.jpg

If interested, I would consider making up matching elbow cops.
I am interested in the knee cops as they probably would fit over my maille and padded chausses. But I got limited Internet due to sandy outing my power so if I don't reply back right away you know why. My knees measure 17.5 with the chausses and padding under it so they should fit me rather fine. Matching elbows would be nice as well to further complete my kit.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: