Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > New forum feature: Favorites Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: New forum feature: Favorites         Reply with quote

I just added a feature that will let you guys keep a list of topics that you personally find interesting. Nobody else will see your favorites but you. You can now manage your favorite topics within our site and are not forced to use your browsers bookmarks/favorites. This means your favorite topics are available to you regardless of what computer you're logging in from.

At the bottom of each page of a post, right near "Watch this topic for replies," is a new option:

Add To Favorites

Clicking on this adds that topic to your favorite topic list. It's that simple.

There's a new button on the forum navigation bar called Favorites that will show the list of your favorite and let you remove them as you see fit.

I'll probably improve on this feature, but right now it works and I've started to compile my own list of favorites.

Note: Favorites differ from "watch topics" in that you are not notified via email of new replies as you are in "watched topics".

Cheers.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 19 Nov, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was thinking it might be cool if I add a feature that shows the "top 10 favorites" as picked by our members. It would just go through everybody's favorites, add them up, and show the top 10 topics in the overall.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Kirk Lee Spencer

Spotlight topics: 6

PostPosted: Fri 19 Nov, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
I was thinking it might be cool if I add a feature that shows the "top 10 favorites" as picked by our members. It would just go through everybody's favorites, add them up, and show the top 10 topics in the overall.

Hi Nathan...

This is an excellent idea...

ks

Two swords
Lit in Eden’s flame
One of iron and one of ink
To place within a bloody hand
One of God or one of man
Our souls to one of
Two eternities
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 30 Nov, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Everybody-

Please take a moment to pick your favorite topics and add them to your "favorites" as explained above. I've added a "Top 10 favorites" as chosen by our members feature.

Thanks!

Pamela Muir

Reading list: 34 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Hi Everybody-

Please take a moment to pick your favorite topics and add them to your "favorites" as explained above. I've added a "Top 10 favorites" as chosen by our members feature.

Thanks!

Cool This is a fun and entertaining feature. It's nice to know that the "German Hand-and-a-Half, circa 1420" is someone else's favorite too! Happy

Pamela Muir

Founder/Lead Instructor
Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts

"I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight." ~Steinman/Pitchford

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > New forum feature: Favorites
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic