A&A custom war sword - loosely of XVIIIc type
A&A custom - My original thoughts were loosely inspired by the XVIIIc Alexandria arsenal blades (Principe/Alexandria from Albion). Originally that was my request, something along those lines, but it evolved over time into this. Similar to the GBS, but wider, with a bit shorter blade and a thin short fuller. I also wanted the blade to keep its wideness further down to the point. A&A nailed it. I am very happy with this sword.

Thats a beast, and a beautiful one at that. Congratulations.
You've got a winner there, Bryan! ...........McM
I really like the simple lines and proportions of this sword!

Once again, A&A's customs are one of the 'best kept secrets, hidden in plain sight' of the sword world.

Bryan, if you ever need to find a new appreciative home for this beauty, you know where to find me! :D
Oh my..such clean lines! That is a thing of beauty..............Larry
that satin polish on the pummel and upper guard, man, that's the finest I think I've ever seen photographed. its got a little luster like pearl.
Damn. Damn. Damn. That's really great.
That is a beautiful sword!!!
Another stunning effort from A&A!

You must be very pleased indeed.

Best,
CHT
Beautiful sword there Bryan.
Here are the dimensions -

Blade length - 35"
Blade width - 2 1/4"
Grip - 8 1/2" (leather part) but include the full pommel and you have 10 3/4".
Cross - 9 1/2"
Weight - 3 lbs 14 oz.
POB - approx. 4 1/4"

The blade is really beautiful on this piece and it is quite stiff. As someone mentioned the fittings have an almost powdery finish to them which really looks good.

Some additional pics of the hilt and fuller.

Great looking sword - what could be called a German Bastard Sword. What kind of distal taper does it have? That will have a big influence in how it handles. I have a 4 lbs. sword from A&A, but its distal taper makes it very lively.
Roger Hooper wrote:
Great looking sword - what could be called a German Bastard Sword. What kind of distal taper does it have? That will have a big influence in how it handles. I have a 4 lbs. sword from A&A, but its distal taper makes it very lively.

My calipers are not the greatest but at the blades base I get about 5.5 mm, half way point about 5 mm, 5 " from the tip about 4 mm and almost at the tip about 3 mm. It's lively for a big blade. It's only 35" total blade length and has a long grip, so you get plenty of leverage. I think it handles great. It does not feel heavy in the least.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: