Castles in the Netherlands and Belgium?
Hello Everyone ,

I'm taking my family on vacation in a couple of weeks to the low countries. Previous trips to Europe have left me with wonderful memories, and I'm really looking forward to exploring an area I've never visited before. Unfortunately, with only nine days to spend between two countries, we're going to have to prioritize our sightseeing. Along with the litany of museums, restaurants , and breweries on our itinerary, I'm making it a point that we get to at least one castle. I've done some preliminary research, but I'm hoping my fellow forumites (especially any Dutch or Belgians) can make a good recommendation. I'd like to visit a castle in good, mostly original, or carefully restored condition dating from the 13th to 15th centuries. If you only had time to visit one in Belgium or the Netherlands, which one would you recommend?
Thanks for your help!

Christian Borglum
Hi!
I had a similar question about what to see in the Netherlands not long ago, here is the link to that thread:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=26167
Hope it helps a little,

Miha
Hi Miha,

Thank you, I remember reading that thread a while back. The Dutch army museum in Delft mentioned in that thread is on our itinerary for sure.

Christian
in the weekend of 20 & 21 october there is a joust at castle loevestein.

http://www.slotloevestein.nl/documents/action...ml?lang=nl
If you're going to Belgium I can recommend the "Gravensteen" castle in Gent. It's right in the middle of the old city centre, which is rather worthwhile itself as well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: