Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Questions about Valiant Armoury Signature series Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
S. Gagnon

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Questions about Valiant Armoury Signature series         Reply with quote

Hello, I was always tempted by the Valiant Armoury Crusader, Kriegschwert, Savoy and Malatesta swords, but was not able to find them anywhere anymore on the net, so I got myself an Albion Earl and an Albion Chevalier. But surprise! I just found by pure luck that these 4 swords are all disponibles in a small shop not too far from my home. Now, here is the question: how do the swords by this maker compare themselves to Albion products. I know that they are not as good as Albion products, but for their price (which was around 500$, costlier than the suggested price, but I would not have to pay shipping, plus they come with a nice looking scabbard), are they a good value? I did not have the time to handled them, so I would like to have an opinion about that.

Cheers.
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Most people who have them are very satisfied with them and they are very good value for the price, but some people don't like their hex nut hilt construction and would prefer regular peening.
Lafayette C Curtis

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lucky you. They're such good and attractive semi-budget swords that retailers keep running out of supplies. Indeed, this is their main disadvantage: the demand outstrips the supply capability by a huge margin!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The designs on these are historically inspired, but end up looking too modern to my eyes. Some combine historical features that appeared decades apart, making them look out of sync with themselves.

The scabbards are nice, and the price is good. Overall, they're better than a lot of swords in that price bracket, however, they still miss the mark a but for me. And the hexnut is a non-starter in my world.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Robin Smith

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
The designs on these are historically inspired, but end up looking too modern to my eyes. Some combine historical features that appeared decades apart, making them look out of sync with themselves.

The scabbards are nice, and the price is good. Overall, they're better than a lot of swords in that price bracket, however, they still miss the mark a but for me. And the hexnut is a non-starter in my world.

The bolded is what kills them for me. Its a shame too, since I would like to see new makers, but I don't like hex nut or compression fit assemblies.

A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robin Smith wrote:
The bolded is what kills them for me. Its a shame too, since I would like to see new makers, but I don't like hex nut or compression fit assemblies.

At least compression fit is historically accurate. A hexnut isn't at all. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robin Smith wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:

They are available peened directly from Valiant. You just can't choose if you buy from retailers.
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robin Smith wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:

Just so you know, If you order direct from Sonny at the custom sword shop you can order them with a peened assembly.

Winter is coming

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Questions about Valiant Armoury Signature series
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic