Go to page 1, 2  Next

New(ish) book: "Mediaeval Swords from Southeastern Euro
I've imported a sizable shipment of a 2007 book by archaeologist and sword researcher Marko Aleksic, "Mediaeval Swords from Southeastern Europe: Material from 12th to 15th Century."
It's a unique book that fills a significant gap in our knowledge of the medieval sword.
I found out about it by sheer chance, while visiting Arms & Armor's Craig Johnson, who till recently had what was likely the only copy in North America.
At $37.95 (plus mailing) for 200 information-packed, well-illustrated pages, it's a good value, and for a true sword lover, this book would be a nice Christmas present. Or just buy it for yourself now!
For more information, including how to order, please see the attached JPEG.

Scott Baltic

Attachment: 221.58 KB
[ Download ]
Cool. Craig picked up this book in the course of doing a custom sword for me based on some work by this same author. I've been wanting to get my hands on a copy ever since. My order will be quick. -JD
Sounds brilliant. Is the book translated to English or is that Serbian? (in other words should I buy this for the pictures :) )

Is there a place I can order from Europe?
Julien,

The book is entirely in English.

I think the author realized that the audience for a book in Serbian would be *really* limited.

Scott
Scott Baltic wrote:
Julien,

I think the author realized that the audience for a book in Serbian would be *really* limited.

Scott

Thx Scott.

Every source I've checked in Europe (Abe books etc) seems to ship the book in Serbian hence my question.
This book is well worth getting. I believe I'm the one who told Craig about it in the first place. Get it.

It's on our reading list.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
This book is well worth getting. I believe I'm the one who told Craig about it in the first place. Get it.

It's on our reading list.

What Nathan said. It is ridiculous that more people don't know about this book!

Greg
I REALLY don't want to miss this, but haven't heard back from that email address (sent yesterday p.m.). Hoping that the in-box just isn't checked that often.
This looks great. I've just sent off an email, asking if they can ship to Australia. Finger's crossed :)
Sean,

I haven't gotten your e-mail and I don't know why, especially since I've been getting plenty of other e-mails about the book.

Here's the e-mail address. info@wmaillustrated.com

Please copy and paste it and try once more, and we'll see what happens.

TIA,

Scott Baltic
Nathan and Greg,

Many thanks for your support!

Scott
hmmmm... right address. re-sent with fingers crossed!
Paid for it and am now waiting for it to arrive! Thanks for posting this as I never would have gotten this book otherwise!!!!
Paid for my copy as well..can't wait to read it and drool over the goodies :D
Julien M wrote:
Scott Baltic wrote:
Julien,

Scott

Thx Scott.

Every source I've checked in Europe (Abe books etc) seems to ship the book in Serbian hence my question.

Julien,
There's a copy for sale on Amazon. Looks to be in English; the cover certainly is.
Missing e-mails?
It appears that messages from one or two people who e-mailed me about the book, at <info@wmaillustrated.com>, did not get through, which is odd because that account is usually stone reliable.

So if you've e-mailed me and not gotten a reply (I usually respond same or next day), please try again *and* send me a private message here.

Thx,

Scott Baltic
Book
Hi Scott,

Payment send,

Thanks,
Robert
Got mine today! Thanks Scott! I have been looking through it for an hour or so. It is fantastic. There are tons of great drawings and lots of excellent info. I was really happy to see that there are many swords from the earlier part of the range the book deals with. I was half expecting a few 12th century examples and a ton of 15th. There seems to be a really nice range and pretty fair distribution of the centuries so there should be something for everyone. I'm very happy with this book and would recommend it to anyone.

I'm already thinking of which swords from this book need to get made...
just got mine, too. wonderful book. better than Oakeshott in many ways, though it relies on his typologies. a must-have!
mine arrived today too. Looks good on a quick flip through. It's now second from the top of my to read list.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: