Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion in Renaissance Magazine Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Greyson Brown

Reading list: 15 books

PostPosted: Sat 27 Nov, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Albion in Renaissance Magazine         Reply with quote

I got a box from my family today, and sitting at the top was a copy of Renaissance Magazine, which my mother sends me from time to time. This issue was about armour, and had a brief column on Albion. The pictures and information were nothing new for those of us who have visited their site, but it was nice to see some craftsmen receive a little bit of credit.

There was also a picture of Lans Hansen working on a piece of armour. Seeing that picture elicits five responses in me:

1. I think I see some Pedinghaus wolf-jaw tongues on that stump. Nice choice! Big Grin
2. I wish I had two (count them, two) post vices sitting under my work bench; and to have that larger one... yes (clinker shall not hinder us, fish the fire, produce nasty green smoke that will addict you to blacksmithing... "We have the technology!"). Ahem, sorry, coal-smoke withdrawl.
3. Anyway, I see a shackle on the smaller vice, but not the bigger. I hope that such a lovely piece of equipment is still seeing (respectful) use.
4. Is that rectangular block on the foreground of the workbench (to the left of the long-handled tongs) your vice mount? It looks right, but seems placed at a less-than-ideal angle.
5. OK, I just have to ask... what is the bicycle for?

Just thought some of you might find the column interesting, and couldn't pass up the chance to complain about wanting another, bigger post-vice (though I can't say that I currently come anywhere near needing it).

-Grey

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion in Renaissance Magazine
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic