looking for history Ebooks (for kindle mostly)
as my 23rd birthday comes up this saturday i discover ill be getting a kindle E reader,

im looking tosee what books are out there in E book format, particularly on WMA, and such, books mainly ones about military equipment or i can use as a reference book.

for example i know the skylitzes chronicle i THINK is available on amazon as an Ebook

dan howards book, bronze age military equipment ISNT on the kindle.

primary reason for this is im hoping to get historical books and not pay a mountain for international shipping. but it seems the pool of Ebooks isnt as big as i thought, for amazon at least
You can get a lot of older books in electronic format (including many excellent primary sources) from Project Gutenberg
Also, with Calibre e-book manager you can convert pretty much any document into a handy .mobi file that Kindle can read.
thats extremely useful for say a giant document like kirpitchnikovs articles on rus arms and armour which i have in PDF to be able to carry it around.. excellent,
Isn't the kindle limited on the formats it can read?
It can read PDF's though if you have one of the old type kindles there is no way to zoom so needs to be in a reasonably large font.
Ryan S. wrote:
Isn't the kindle limited on the formats it can read?

Yes, but the above-mentioned Calibre can convert pretty much everything into Kindle-readable format.
You can email your pdfs to your kindle email address & have them converted automatically.
Simply add the pdf as an attachment & write CONVERT in the subject line.
Have your kindle on with the wireless activated when you send the emai.
It takes only a few minutes.
thanks for the advice, so will project gutenburg have.. say, the geibig typology or maybe older books like maybe the macejowski bible or skylitzes chronicles
William P wrote:
thanks for the advice, so will project gutenburg have.. say, the geibig typology or maybe older books like maybe the macejowski bible or skylitzes chronicles

While the Maciejowski Bible itself was printed well before copyright laws existed, the facsimiles of it that people usually buy these days are new enough that most, if not all, are still under copyright.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: