Alexander the Great - Discovery Channel
This Sunday at 9 PM, this documentary is airing on Discovery Channel. It's the first time that the fights on one of these shows have been approached as professional movie action with real stunt performers (as opposed to the using of reenactors to just kind of swing about their blades near shaky cam operators). The fights were choreographed by sword forum member Luke la Fontaine and he also second unit directed and co-stunt coordinated the project.

I also worked stunts on this (I'm about a third of the Persian army) and swordmaker David Baker garnered an acting part as General Parminian, a role which features several cool swordfight sequences. Tune in and watch the show on Sunday night if you can.

Cheers,
Mario
Excellent, Mario - looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads-up!

-T.
:) I have seen a trailer about it on Discovery Channel here in Europa to,
i will hold my eye open :eek: third to left, right :D
Hey Mario,

If you guys ever get work needing jousters, give me a call :D

From what I have seen, it looks great!
I haven't seen any commercials or trailers for it yet myself. Glad to hear they look good. And Lloyd, if you were based in California I'd be much more able to do that. ;)

Mario
Hey Mario, ol buddy !

Thanks for the heads-up ..... looking forward to watching it !

Slŕinte, Mac
I've been looking forward to this one in spite of my distaste for Oliver Stone.

From what I've seen so far the equipment looks good. I did see an interview with Collin Farrell (sp?) yesterday evening. As with most Hollywood types he was trying to be deep and insightful in his analysis of Alexander's motivations. Of course he only made himself look like a fool by insisting on putting the actions of an ancient Macedonian in 21st century perspective. I'm not a big fan of Mr. Farrell either :D

The movie looks pretty good though and I'll be sure to look for Mario P. in the cast of thousands!
Heya Patrick,

This one's for Discovery Channel, it's not the Oliver Stone version. And I believe our cast numbered in the handful of dozens only ... CGI takes care of the rest. ;)

Mac - great to see you're still around. Miss you on SFI.

Mario
Mario Perez wrote:
Heya Patrick,

This one's for Discovery Channel, it's not the Oliver Stone version. And I believe our cast numbered in the handful of dozens only ... CGI takes care of the rest. ;)

Mac - great to see you're still around. Miss you on SFI.

Mario

Well shut my mouth!

That's what I get for reading and responding on the fly right before I go to work :D

This is even better Mario, I'll be sure to catch it.
Patrick and others, let me know what you thought of the fights. I don't get a chance to see this myself for a while (no TV right now) even though I'm hearing good things already ...

Mario
I watched it last night and was quite pleased with the fights. Much better than some Ive seen. I didnt realize you were in it Mario! Good show by the way. You were 1/3 of the Persian army? I guess were going to have to start calling you Sybil! :lol:
Watched it and liked it very much :D

Good job!
Right. Saw it last night. Better than stuff of its like I've seen before, but I thought the editing a bit choppy and was annoyed by the number of repeated shots. Still, glad it turned out so well (and that y'all liked it) and maybe the next ones will turn out even better!

Mario

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: