A Dagger for My Captain
Here is a dagger I made for the Captain of the late 15th century mercenary company that I work with. The guard and pommel are from his old A & A dagger and the blade and grip were made by myself. The blade is 9.5" long and 1" at its widest with a thickness at the guard of 0.185" with a distal taper to 0.09 at 3/4" from the point. The grip is crotch-cut black walnut. The blade is 1095. Overall length is 15 1/4". I'll be working on the sheath later this next week and will post pics when completed.
Comments/questions welcome.

Attachment: 171.31 KB
degendagger1.jpg

Attachment: 160.78 KB
degendagger2.jpg

sleek!

again i'm a fan of your choise in walnut.
Thank you Daniel. I was very lucky to get quite a lot of this very nice black walnut. This isn't even the fanciest stuff I have. I'm saving it for a very fancy piece.
i've got some cherry on the side of my shop just begging to be worked into a piece. last fall i cut a plum tree out of the yard, upon inspection there were these great dark lines in the wood, and its grain was really tight, so i cut the whole trunk out and dired it. i'm going to use it in my next rebuild project and i'm itching to see what it looks like.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: