New Albion reviews?
I noticed that on the "reviews" section of the site that there haven't been any additional Albion reviews put up (it seems as if in over a year). I know there are a lot of models of swords made by them that are not represented in reviews that I'd love to read about. A question for the site administrators, are any more reviews in the works?
Hi. I moved this to the Suggestions, Requests, and Support Forum which has this description:

Quote:
Use this forum to make suggestions or requests on new articles, reviews, or other site-related features or to ask for help and support.

Please see our Hands-on Review FAQ for information about reviews.

We have some reviews in the queue, but not many. We haven't had the money in our personal finances to purchase swords for review and have not had many complete submissions come in. The myArmoury.com team is, for the most part, busy with their own personal lives, careers, and what have you and calls for additional contributions have not yielded many completed submissions suitable for publication. But as I say, we do have a few reviews in the pipeline, but I don't believe anything in regards to the newer Albion models.

Also check out the informal reviews written by members of the community.
Thanks for moving it Nathan, I apologize for not putting it in the correct forum section (I actually never noticed the suggestions subforum). I totally understand that the site members are busy with everyday life and tight finances, I'm in the same boat and I hope my question didn't come across as derogatory, it certainly wasn't meant to.

As a brand new sword buyer (maybe I can even call myself a "collector" now that my second sword is on order :lol: ), I love reading reviews on this site of the various swords. They are by far the best sources of information about the swords that are highlighted. I simply figured that some of the models not currently represented would likely be owned now by some of our members who are knowledgeable enough to write good reviews. Someone with my level of knowledge can certainly buy an Albion Bergundian for intance, but I could never write a review of it because I have no meaniful insite into handling characteristics, etc. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that folks will submit some good reviews in the future.
D. S. Smith wrote:
Thanks for moving it Nathan, I apologize for not putting it in the correct forum section (I actually never noticed the suggestions subforum). I totally understand that the site members are busy with everyday life and tight finances, I'm in the same boat and I hope my question didn't come across as derogatory, it certainly wasn't meant to.

I did not get any feeling you were being critical at all. If any critique is present in this topic, it's with my own feelings towards myself. I would very much like to be able to put more time into this project, but my business has me busy for 12+ hours each day and I can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet.

Quote:
I'll just keep my fingers crossed that folks will submit some good reviews in the future.

You and me both. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: