Botanical twisted, Estoc in Gilt and Ebony. WhiteWellArms
Here is my reproduction.
Everything is worked by myself.
From manufacture of the blade, to making the patterns, moulds and casting of the fittings.
The Gilt is not my work.

Weighs just slightly under 2lb
Total length 95cm
Hilt 19cm
Point of balance 3inches from the quillons.

Hope you like it.

Attachment: 34.18 KB
557263_434180126620129_826104217_n.jpg

Attachment: 66.26 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 71.85 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 54.72 KB
[ Download ]
This style of hilt furniture is not usually my "cup of tea" so to say, but it does look good! Very, very nice job, I do envy whoever will be the owner of the sword!
Very pretty!

Two questions:

--Is the blade blued in any way, or is that just a trick of the outdoors reflecting off the polish?

--I'm guessing this was based on the famous 'writhen' sword from the Royal Armouries. Did you make yours with what appears to be a ricasso, as I don't believe the original has one?

Regardless of any answer, it's still an amazing piece and I'm halfway jealous of the customer!
The Blade is not blued, its just the photograph because of it being outdoors.

Alot of very high quality swords of this era have an almost invisible ricasso as i believe it allows a neat finish between the meeting of the crossguard and blade itself.
I really dont like the termination of the origional blade (in my opinion) and was decided that I would go ahead and apply a tiny ricasso to the blade.
It has always been a sword Iv one day wanted to reproduce and thoroughly enjoyed every process of reproducing it.

Thanks! :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: