Langseax arrived from Petr Florianek
So it came yesterday. Petr’s new creation. There have been photos posted showing the construction, but one thing that is missing, is the sheer size of it. You can read the stats, but until you have it in your hand, that just doesn’t soak in. I photographed it beside an Albion for reference. There are many photos posted by Petr on the forum, so I didn't take many.

It is a very lively, responsive langseax, balancing about 4.5 inches in front of the handle.

Petr did an outstanding job on this one. Except for telling him that I favored broken back style, that would have some English influence, everything came from his mind. I’ve only known of his work for a year or two but I would rank this work as one of the best, the equal of my long time favorite smiths.

It has style, but is not ostentatious. I could see this being some ðegn’s pride and joy.

Now, If I just had one of the more unique Anglo Saxon spearheads…

Robert

Attachment: 97.7 KB
P1030630.JPG

Wow! Very nice... It does look much bigger with something next to it for scale.
That seax is wonderful--you are very fortunate :D
Good one Robert! I must add something from Petr to my collection...but what? Congratulations on a fine seax!
Petr does amazing, amazing work. Good choices on your end. You're right, it has a definite style, but nowhere near as gawdy as some blades are done now.
Very nice. I think it is exceptional work.
Very, very nice work indeed...

Who made the sword?
Langseax
Hello,

Petr florianek did all the work on this piece. His work is outstanding in the "realistic" relm
seax
Hi Robert

Just to say congratulations on your new seax. Indeed Petr's work captures a certain flavour not always seen which I believe is helped by his obvious affinty with the period and a retrained application of the art styles of those cultures which is just spot on, without distracting from his blade work.

best
Dave
Paul Hansen wrote:

Who made the sword?

The sword appears to be an old Albion Armorers Kragehul Bog migration period sword. Unfortunately one they no longer make :(
Oh, I'm sorry Paul, Matt is correct, it is an Albion.. I just misunderstood and thought you were speaking about the langseax.

Robert
Re: Langseax arrived from Petr Florianek
Robert Muse wrote:

Now, If I just had one of the more unique Anglo Saxon spearheads…

working on it :-) ....
Robert Muse wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry Paul, Matt is correct, it is an Albion.. I just misunderstood and thought you were speaking about the langseax.

No problem, I wasn't being very specific. Although with a thread title like "Langseax arrived from Petr Florianek" it should be clear who made what. ;)

Whether a sax is a sword or not is a long philosophical discussion better saved for a long night with lots of beer. :D
Paul Hansen wrote:

Whether a sax is a sword or not is a long philosophical discussion better saved for a long night with lots of beer. :D

Absolutely!! :D
seax is sword for knifemakers and knife for swordmakers :-)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: