13thC dagger reproduction
Hi All,

I have just completed this 13thC dagger reproduction. The pommel is taken from a Scottish dagger dated 1280 and the guard is a very plain simple form that could have appeared anywhere from about 1100 to 1400. The grip is ash, cord wrapped, leather wrapped and cord bound over the surface for texture.

The scabbard is a double layer of vegtan and the chape is a simple folded steel form with a crimped end, which was quite common for this period.

I hope you like it.

Regards

Tod

Attachment: 198.47 KB
MA1.jpg

Attachment: 188.53 KB
MA2.jpg

Attachment: 204.04 KB
MA3.jpg

i love the frog design on the dagger! so simple yet cool. usually always see the single thick strap.
You're going to get this a lot, but that whole set is fantastic!
Sweet!!

Did you make all the parts or did you get them from somewhere and assemble them?
I like that octagonal pommel.
Simple but that what makes it look so pure in function.

I also like the proportions of blade to handle lengths to guard width to blade width at the guard: Visually very balanced design and I'm guessing that it feels lively in the hand with just enough blade presence to have a bit of " snap " to it. :D :cool:
Thanks all.

And yes Jean it is quite 'snappy' and snug in the hand, so you really know where it is.

Josh Wilson wrote
Quote:
Did you make all the parts or did you get them from somewhere and assemble them?

I make pretty much everything myself, or make the masters if the parts are cast.

Tod
Very cool!

:D
That is a very beautiful classic looking piece. I like the simple utilitarian look. Well done!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: