Rondel #2
Just finished another rondel from W1 round stock. 18" or so on total length. On this one I wanted to go with single edge and heavy geometry for all your knightly armor piercing needs. Browned wrought iron, Gaboon ebony and steel/copper twisted wire. I will try to get some closer hilt pictures later today.. I'm still fiddling with the wire... oh the contrary wire.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
That looks really nice.

Hope it already has a good home to go to!
Joe Fults wrote:
That looks really nice.

Hope it already has a good home to go to!

It does ;)
I saw this post on a slow internet connection, scrolled down, then the third and fourth pictures loaded in front of me.

I thought, wow, this is a really neat looking O-tanto.

Then I saw the rest of the pictures and read the title and text again. So, a really neat looking Rondel.
Yeah Victor will provide a be a worthy home.

And Dan... Yeah I put a little more depth into the false edge that what I've been seeing on these. And how can you deny the tsuba-ish fittings inherent in all rondels? As to the seppa-like fitting... well I have seen spacers located there in museum pics. But in my case it was necessary due to the origin of the wrought iron. It was from an old horse-drawn ice sled and already had bolt holes for the tang.. which were unfortunately too big.

If I say so myself.. is a striking piece that is not showing as well in my photographs...
I like how you leave just enough 'roughness' in your work. it's gritty looking, a don't be afraid to use me kind of character.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: