simple seax collaboration
Blade by Paul Binns, hilt and scabbard by myself. Made for a member of this illustrious forum earlier this year.

Red deer Antler with inset wood from Sutton Hoo.
(Long whistle). Great looking seax. The sheath is very cleanly made, and looks great, as does the bone/antler/ivory decoration. Is it some kind of scrimshaw-esque process?
Very nice! I like the decoration on the grip. Btw, congratulations, you were just a bit faster than me on that blade, if it was still available when I contacted Paul, I would buy this one, not the broken back blade I did buy. ;)
Wow that's lovely. Very nice job with the sheath too.
simple seax collaboration
Mark, That is a beautiful seax but the sheath is exceptional. It is one of the best you have done.
Sorry to hear it was a wet Sutton Hoo weekend.
Very lovely... great handle treatment and beautiful blade.

What handle material?

edit: (just saw the note at the bottom of the post regarding handle.. again.. nice work. Might just cause one to be born from my shop this week)

Last edited by Scott Roush on Fri 29 Jun, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
I like this seax as well. The grip and the designs on the sheath are especially nice.
(Drool) Seaxs are my favorite edge weapons. And that is a beautiful piece... Wish I had it :evil: .
Nice job on the decorations on the sheath. They seem consistent with period examples which, for me, is always a big plus.

What era would you date this. I'm thinking 9th. c. I could be wrong of course!
This is an absolutely outstanding package; you have done a fantastic job on this!! The details appear to be quite consistant with period examples and it has an excellent 'flow.' I love everything about it.
Holy crap love the sheath hats off

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: