Some projects...
My plan isn't to start a work in progress thread, but I thought I would share a couple of things

And here are some things in the works... The longer blade is a Yataghan sword that will be a cutting machine. I've been commissioned to make a sword for a contestant in an upcoming Battle of the Nations.. an international full contact sword fighting competition. So I'm making this blade (which will be somewhat similar to the Mongol sabre I will be making) for heavy testing and practice for the actual competition blade. I will put a temporary hilt on it and finish it after I've had fun with it. My plan for finishing is to give it an ebony grip with 'bird wing' adornments.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

The smaller blade in the picture will be my second rondel dagger (in mono-steel this time). This one will be a stout blade with triangular cross-section and will have wrought iron fittings, ebony grip and some twisted wire.

Here is the spine... obviously still in rough stages:

[ Linked Image ]

And some of you may be interested in this little kwaiken I made from my orishigane steel made from melted/carburized wrought iron nails. It has a lacewood frame handle, mammoth ivory spacer and ebony scales featuring saw marks.

[ Linked Image ]

This picture was taken before the final edge was put on:

[ Linked Image ]
Very nice Scott. I really like the profile you have going on the yat. That kwaiken is just beautiful too.
That rondel is a nice looking blade. Length?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: