Free book on iTunes Store: "The Queen of Weapons"
THE QUEEN OF WEAPONS, by Tobias Capwell & Artfinder.

This book is available for free download on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iBooks and on your computer with iTunes. This book only can be read on an iOS device.

DESCRIPTION

This digital publication showcases one of the key staples of The Wallace Collection's permanent holding: Renaissance swords.

Swords are emblems of wealth and prowess, rich in cultural heritage they are beautifully decorated objects in their own right. 'The Queen of Weapons' features 20 swords including splendid details of the hilts - often a measure of the bearers personality and status - each presented in high resolution and with zoom. The text was specially written for this publication by Dr. Tobias Capwell, Curator of Arms and Armour at The Wallace Collection.

Additionally, this title also includes highlights of the museum's collection, giving and overview of its unsurpassed displays of French 18th century painting, furniture and porcelain, Old Master paintings and world class armoury.

Regards
Very cool. I just downloaded it. Thank you.
Very nice.
I always wondered what the inspiration of the old A&A Elizabethan rapier was and now I know :)
Thanks for the tip!!
Just downloaded it. Will get to reading it this week. Thanks for hooking us up!
Thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: