New Pole Hammer from A&A
[ Linked Image ]

A new item and some June News from A&A, we hope some folks find it interesting :)

New Pole Hammer from Arms & Armor

[ Linked Image ]

Looking for a Pole Hammer for that invite to the list? This stout hammer is just the tool for some knightly endeavor. We have a new item as a limited edition piece. See details at ARMS & ARMOR News.

It has been a busy spring around the shop. We have a large amount of projects in the works with several interesting custom projects approaching completion. We have plans for some new stock items that will be available soon and gearing up for the summer festival season.

We also where able to help the Wallace Collection with their new exhibit Making the Renaissance Sword also check out the cool Queen of Weapons iBook download that goes with the Noble Art of the Sword.

[ Linked Image ]

You can see some of our contribution to the exhibit in this thread.
Pictures from the Exihibt at the Wallace Collection
Here are a few pics of the portion of the dispaly at the Wallace Collections new exhibit. Making the Renaissance Sword is a progression of different steps in the construction of a rapier. Starting with the raw materials and ending with a completed piece and an original of similar form. This portion of the exhbit was generously sponsored by Peter Finer.

[ Linked Image ]
Overall Exihibit.

[ Linked Image ]
Constructional steps.

[ Linked Image ]
Chris working on the display.

If you have the chance be sure to stop by and see the whole exhibit!
Very cool display Craig. Thank you for posting it.
Great display and great service to arms and armour education! I'm also very impressed by, and grateful for, what Tobias Capwell has done to make the collection accessible.
Craig, will you have one on display at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival booth this summer?
Really nice Polehammer with some features from the Knightly Poleaxe and the Italian Polehammer.
Answers and info
Hi Guys

Thank you for the nice comments.

We worked hard to make the display somethig that really showed the progressive steps in the hand working processes of forming a hilt and blade. It turned out quite well.

I had a question on facebook that I thought some here might find of interest. Here is a link to a great site that discusses how period files where hand made. A real art in and of itself. I could not imagine trying to fdo this, but will probably give it a try some day :eek:

Sheffield File Cutting

The pole hammer will be at fairs this season Scott. We have a couple finished so you can stop by the shop and check one out as well. It does have some of the elements from our other pole wepons as Jean points out. The decision to do this particular hammer was some requests for the hammer type head and a rondel mounted higher on teh haft then our knightly Pole Axe which is probably a bit low for most period designs but matcheds the weapon as it is displayed today.

Hope to have some new pictures of the hammer soon. Need to get a new camera setup.

Best
Craig
Jeez, thanks awfully Craig, something else that I have to purchase... :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: