Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Behmer Type 4 Sparring Sword and Late Migration Era Shield Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Barrett Hiebert

PostPosted: Fri 25 May, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Behmer Type 4 Sparring Sword and Late Migration Era Shield         Reply with quote

Hey,

Not to take the limelight away from the new awesome work that Jeff is presently doing but I promised Jeff I would show my acquirments from him on the forum. Jeff has already previewed his work but due to life I was a little behind to show the shield and sword together. I can not praise Jeff's work and communication enough. I plan to do business with him in the future. A big thanks to Roland Warzecha for the shield construction blueprint and Matthew Bunker for the friendly consultation and resource finding and giving to Jeff for the characteristics of what a late migration era shield and scabbard are. If there is anyone else I missed out I do apologize in advance.

Edit: Also thanks to Jeff's wife who did the splendid painting of the shield! Big Grin

So without further ado... (I do apologize for the weak macbook webcam use; I've had a camera before but never ended up using it so I sold it Worried )

Enjoy. If anyone would like more pictures I can try my best to take some more or borrow a friends camera.

Best regards,

Barrett Hiebert

P.S. Oh and I'm happy, don't let the face fool you.

Attachment: 77.73 KB
Photo on 12-05-25 at 6.08 PM #4.jpg

Last edited by Barrett Hiebert on Fri 25 May, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 25 May, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ah, so you're the lucky owner of both pieces. Outstanding! What sort of sparring do you plan to use them for?

By the way, I understand Jeff's wife had a hand in the shield artwork. Behind every great man...
Barrett Hiebert

PostPosted: Fri 25 May, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J.D. Crawford,

...there is a great woman. Happy

Oh yes and thank you for bringing that up. The lovely wife of Jeff did the painting for the shield of which I am very thankful for. It looks lovely. Cheers to her!

And yes I am the lucky man. I plan to eventually work my way up to full speed sparring in the future with a full plate metal sparring harness made. Of course the harness won't be fully historical and congruent to the armour worn in the Merovingian Migration era but it doesn't need to be. It only has to allow me to fight safely. Big Grin

Barrett
Paul Hansen

PostPosted: Mon 28 May, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks really good Barrett!

Congratulations!

That is possibly the best kit for this period and purpose I've seen so far.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Behmer Type 4 Sparring Sword and Late Migration Era Shield
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic