Del Tin 5145: a not so famous, interesting sword...
Hi to all!
looking around for interesting swords, I found a pretty pleasant one (at least for me :D ) that seems to be not so popular: the Del tin 5145 (see the link).
http://www.deltin.it/5145.htm
It should be an Oakeshott type XVII sword, but I could not find any review/comment/imformation online about it, beside those (really not so detailed...) from Del Tin.
Does anybody know something about its handling, fit&finish and, above all, its historical accuracy?

Attachment: 26.19 KB
Immagine2.png

I believe it's based on XVII.2 in Records of the Medieval Sword. One of my WMA buddies has one, it's suprisingly nimble in the hand and a great sword to half-sword with. Though I don't care for the general aesthetics of the model, it's a solid piece with good fit and decent finish. Stats are similar, but I'd not call it an exacting replica - just as with Del Tin's other offerings.
Thanks Sarge!
It's what I hoped to hear!
I had in mind the same XVII.2, but I was not sure about dimensions, becouse I could not find the blade length of the Del Tin's version.
It's nice looking, XVII have something to them, with that certain rawness....

Seems to be pretty damn hefty though, at 2200 g :eek:

Then again, Oakeshott mentions that a lot of XVII were exactly like that.
Bartek Strojek wrote:

Seems to be pretty damn hefty though, at 2200 g :eek:

That's the part that most interests me! A nimble sword of about 2.2 kg is a bulldozer!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: