For Sale: Swords, shields, and Maille - UK
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hi,

Selling a few of my things. Prices don't include postage, which I'd prefer to be to the UK, as Europe and elsewhere is usually really expensive!
Priced to sell, but I will entertain any full/ partial trades if they're in my range of interest.
I've added a couple of pics, but if you want any more then please e-mail me at: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk.
Payment accepted by Paypal, cheque, cash on collection, bank transfer,

Cold Steel cutlass: £150
Pretty much as new, apart from a tiny patch of rust on the bowl guard from where the string holding Cold Steel label must have gotten damp in storage. It’s hardly noticeable.

Cold Steel Grosse Messer: £150
This is the later version, where the tang is covered by the grip. There is a slight play in the cross, but not very noticeable. Other than that, pretty much as new.

Del tin Champagne Sabre: £70
Haven’t seen one of these since I bought it. 12 ¼” blade, with decorative scalloping on the spine. Factory edge, so not very sharp. Intended for Sabrage (lopping the top off the champagne bottle), but could be equally suitable as a short falchion or dusack.

Del tin Italian Infantryman sword (2176): £150
Has had a bit of customisation done to it – the wire grip has been replaced with leather; there have been cut-outs added to the knuckle bow and quillons. Extensive regrinding of the blade and hilt to sharpen the blade and lighten it a bit (tried to show this in the pics). Therefore lots of grind marks yet to be polished out. Lovely and sturdy.

Del tin 15TH C two-handed sword (2158): £190
Whole sword shows signs of wear, but still solid and sound. Has been sharpened, so has grind marks to the blade (tried to capture in the photos). The most well-balanced Del Tin I’ve handled, especially when using the large ricasso to half-sword.

Del tin German hand and a half (2160): £190
Blade has been sharpened (tried to capture grind marks in the photo), the grip re-wrapped in green leather, and the hit furniture blued.

Mark Vickers Gaadhjalt: £150
This came sharp. The scabbard wasn’t made for it, but it’s wooden and fits fine. Forged cross and pommel, leather grip.

Chen Ox Tongue Dao: £100
Pretty much as new – just been displayed. Brass has developed a bit of a mellow patina, but this can be polished out if you like.

Chen practical Tai Chi sword (28”): £30
A little worn, as is quite old, but in almost new condition.

Thai/ Burmeses Dha: £30
An old e-bay find I got before they banned selling swords. Looks quite old, and there are a couple of dings on the blade, but it’s still nice and solid and made a nice wall hanger if nothing else.

Tulwar: £20
Another old e-bay find. I’m no good at dating these, but it’s had some wear: the scabbard is nearly falling apart, and, although the sword is solid, has some patches of rust as shown (I’ve removed any active rust). It’s still very sharp, and there's no play in the grip.

Windlass German Falchion: £90
Complete with scabbard. I sharpened the blade, blued the fuller, re-wrapped the grip with green leather and raisers, and sharpened the false edge of the clip point. I also polished it down to a matte sheen, which I prefer. Unfortunately I then went a bit nuts and got creative with a grinder on the pommel and cross. I wouldn’t say they’re ruined, but I’ve priced this as being suitable for a project blade.

GDFB Haubergeon butted spring steel 8mm rings (+ Mannequin): £80
Sold as ‘large’ on GDFB. Comes complete with the mannequin I use to display it, although not entirely sure how expensive this would be to ship. Might be better to collect in person, if you’re able.

GDFB Nasal Helm = £15
Sold as ‘large’ on GDFB. As new really, apart from some holes at the base of the liner which were made to try and affix an aventail to the helmet via the liner. Given up as a bad job, and doesn’t make any difference to the fit of the helmet. Complete with the stand I use to display.

GDFB Plain Buckler 15”: £15
As advertised on their site. I’ve given it a bit of a polish to get rid of any tarnishing. Pretty much as new

Shields Plus' Large Round Shield : £50
36” diameter round shield, 12mm thick plywood, canvas faced with a steel, leather bound grip on the reverse, and a centre boss. Good, solid, buffalo rawhide edging. Painted with a simple two-tone green design, and a buckled guige.

Dha and Talwar sold. :D

Cheers,

Ant

Helm sold pending funds.

Thanks,

Ant :D

Del Tin 2160 sold.

Mark Vickers Gaddhjalt sold
Windlass falchion sold
The Mannequin which held the maille has now gone to a good home, but the maille's still for sale.

Thanks,

Ant :D

Maille has been sold. :D

Many thanks,

Ant

Buckler is sold pending funds.

Thanks,
Ant

Grosse Messer sold pending funds.

Still for sale are:
Chen Dao - price drop to £90
Chen Tai Chi
DT Champagne Sabre - [color=#000000]price drop to £50[/color]
DT Italian Infantry - price drop to £140
DT Two-handed sword - price drop to £180
Cold steel cutlass - price drop to £140
Thanks,

Ant

Hi,

A couple of things gone now, but still some bits and pieces up for grabs!

Chen Dao - £90 inc UK p&p
Chen Tai Chi - £30 inc UK p&p
DT Champagne Sabre - £50 inc UK p&p
DT Italian Infantry - £140inc UK p&p

Thanks,

Ant

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: