New member on the site
I just joined up, looking for some info on a sword I picked up this weekend...I hope I didn't completely overlook the "Introduce yourself" section.

Anyway, I'm Doug...a 24-year-old knife enthusiast from Michigan. I've really taken a liking to making my own knives, since I love woodworking. I've got a meat cleaver and 2 pocket knives under my belt so far. I tried to get into sword collecting several years ago, but that never really took off for me.

So, I look forward to learning a lot from this site, and hopefully adding my own information for posterity!

Here's the meat cleaver I did...nice mahogany handle, and some brass hardware:

And the one knife I made that I have pictures of...a CVA Alamo Bowie. I have no idea what kind of wood that handle is, but it's got provincial walnut stain, and looks pretty darn good if I must say so.
Hi , Doug!
Nice looking Bowie you have there. I own a CVA Arkansas Toothpick...double edge triangular shaped blade, similar guard to yours. I bought mine as a kit and assembled it myself years ago. I had forgotten the makers name...Thanks! If my memory serves me, I believe the grip material on mine was mahogany, but yours looks more like oak or maybe hickory. Great looking cleaver too! It has a great rustic look to it, like it might belong on an Old West chuck wagon. Keep up the good work! Welcome to the family!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: