Go to page 1, 2  Next

New custom items
A preview... these and more will be going up on the filmswords.com page soon.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1015...amp;type=1

Best,

Howy
Very nice! Some nice variations there.
Does anyone know if that type XII is a historic design?
Very impressive - I especially like the XII with the Brazil nut pommel.

Will you be telling us which Albionites made those swords?
Roger Hooper wrote:
Very impressive - I especially like the XII with the Brazil nut pommel.

Will you be telling us which Albionites made those swords?

Hey Roger!

That is hard to do, since almost everyone in the crew touches them at one point or another. Eric Meulemans (head cutler) and Joe Waites (head blade shop) are the main players...

Best,

Howy
New custom hollow-ground sword
Here is another one:

http://filmswords.com/images/custom/custom%20...ound-1.jpg

Joe Waites did the blade and Eric Meulemans came up with the hilt design...

Here is the page they will be posted on as they are done.

http://filmswords.com/sle/custom%20limited.htm

This gives our crew a nice creative outlet and gives us the opportunity to offer something a little different. Everything posted so far is a one-of-a-kind piece.

Best,

Howy
Beautiful pieces! I didn't realize anyone at Albion was doing any custom work recently. Nice to see!
Some nicely done custom swords there. I'm particularly fond of the Svante blade. I really hope to see more and more custom work coming out of Albion, and that this is just a sign of more things to come!
Oh wow! That Type XII w/ Brazil nut is dead sexy... I currently have an order in with y'all for a Norman, but had I seen that first I might have gone that route.
Hello Mr. Waddell:

Is the custom type XII using a cut down SoSMOT blade? They look very similar to me; though it could be another type XII blade from any of your fantastic swords
Kai Lawson wrote:
Hello Mr. Waddell:

Is the custom type XII using a cut down SoSMOT blade? They look very similar to me; though it could be another type XII blade from any of your fantastic swords

Hey Kai!

Nope, that blade started out as a Knight blade, but Joe re-profiled and shortened it a bit.

Best,

Howy
Brian K. wrote:
I'm particularly fond of the Svante blade.

As do I! Dead sexy.
Robin Smith wrote:
Oh wow! That Type XII w/ Brazil nut is dead sexy... I currently have an order in with y'all for a Norman, but had I seen that first I might have gone that route.

I own a Norman, Templar, Solingen, Vigil, and Reeve. I just love how the Norman handles. It is a beautiful cavalry weapon, with some ability in an infantry setting .
Hi Howie,
Could you tell us any more about that longsword with the Svante blade? In particular, was there any influence from history, or is it straight out of the creative brains of the Albion crew?
Any chance of a custom gladius? I'd love to see a Hispaniensis :cool:
I've long felt that Albion could work wonders (even more so than they already do) were they to extend into the semi-custom world. I'm thrilled to see these swords, and I keep going back to check out the Svante's redheaded cousin more than is safe. My bank account is eyeing me warily. Dead sexy, indeed. :cool:
I could not resist the brazil nut :D
William Swiger wrote:

So you snatched it up? I see you asked if its available, followed by an announcement of Sold a few hours later...

Currently I am waiting on a Norman from Albion, and Brian at DBK is building me a scabbard for my Reeve, thus eating up my fun budget... Otherwise I might seriously have considered buying it, cause it looks awesome. I particularly like the grip wrap.
Robin Smith wrote:
William Swiger wrote:

So you snatched it up? I see you asked if its available, followed by an announcement of Sold a few hours later...

Currently I am waiting on a Norman from Albion, and Brian at DBK is building me a scabbard for my Reeve, thus eating up my fun budget... Otherwise I might seriously have considered buying it, cause it looks awesome. I particularly like the grip wrap.

I am also waiting on an order. Have a Reeve coming soon. I picked up a Norman from the classifieds awhile back. It is a very nimble and light sword.
William Swiger wrote:
Robin Smith wrote:
William Swiger wrote:

I am also waiting on an order. Have a Reeve coming soon. I picked up a Norman from the classifieds awhile back. It is a very nimble and light sword.
Yeah, I am currently in the process of rebuilding my collection. This time around its gonna be alot more streamlined and smaller. Only Albions and custom peices...

Well congrats on the awesome acquisition! I'm more than a little jealous....
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: