Looking for Gambeson
Oy...

I'm having trouble finding a good, short sleeved, lighter weight black Gambeson to ware under a Ringmesh Tunic. Looking for something of decent quality to provide a bit of padding... but not to big or bulky or hot... I live in Georgia and it can become very, VERY warm here. Also, I don't want anything too thick or bulky, or the ringmesh won't fit well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Some of the guys out here in California (also warm!) are very happy with Steelmastery. They have some styles with detachable arms.
Check out Kokosh's Manufacture: http://www.gambeson.pl/
Quality is amazing for the price. Their Gambesons are tailored so they are not bulky and they will not pile up when you bend your arms. They are made using period materials, linen and felted sheep wool so they are warm up to a certain point but they will not accumulate heat and boil you. You can also choose thickness of padding. Email conversation is fast and in good English.
I recommend Matuls from Poland. Tailor-made gambesons of good quality. You can view their selection here.
Sander Marechal wrote:
I recommend Matuls from Poland. Tailor-made gambesons of good quality. You can view their selection here.

Their items look very good... in fact the first gambeson option offered is a perfect short sleeved option. However... their ordering seems tricky.... I tried to put it in my cart and it didn't work. It says to add measurements and color and whatnot but offers no way to do so. :(
I have never used their order form. Just contact him directly. His information is on the contact page. Note that you need to be able to make international bank transfers using SWIFT/BIC codes. Over here in Europe pretty much all banks support that through their websites but I've read that it may be a bit of a hassle (and extra costs) at some US banks.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: