Behmer Type 6. Blunt.
Here is a blunted sword based off of a Behmer type 6. The composite hilt construction of these swords is a real joy to make. I would love to make one with a pattern welded blade and take the opportunity to further expand upon some of the detail work found on these swords. Further images and detail shots can be found on my facebook webpage. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeff-Helmes-Bladesmith/145872495425436?v=wall

Jeff

Odd , is anyone else seeing these pictures as unusually large with the second one being rotated ?
Hello sir:

All the pictures seem fine to me--nothing is rotated. This really is a beautiful sword, and I think more of the un-ostentatious composite hilts would (as the candy man does) 'make the world taste good.'
The pictures look great to me Jeff! That's one heck of a sword. I love the scabbard too. Great work!
*Whistles* That type is a favourite of mine.
It is a lovely sword, Jeff. Excellent work.

Paul
Good job Jeff. Nice and clean, simple strong lines. Sword and scabbard work well together.
Jeff,
VERY nicely done!! When you first posted the in progress shots over on Don Fogg's site I knew it was going to be good. This turned out even better than I expected. And the scabbard is fantastic as well. Bravo!!!
Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate the feedback. I owe a very big thanks to Matthew for sending so much information my way. In the end I made a hybrid of several of the scabbard images you shared with me. I wanted to try all of the fittings , so I hope you feel this does the period scabbards justice.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: