Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Knight's Edge? Crap? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
D. Rosen

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Knight's Edge? Crap?         Reply with quote

I'm continually looking for inexpensive, but good quality sword makers, and recently Knight's Edge had cought my eye. All i know at this point is that A. Some of their stuff looks good. B. Some of their stuff looks like cheap crap. C. TERRIBLE RESPONSE!! I live less than an hour away from their HQ, and it took them MONTHS to send a catalog. I recieved an MRL catalog from GA in less than a week! Anyways. I was curious about the quality of their swords and armour. Particularly the Lion Crest Sword. Thank you.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 09 Nov, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A couple years ago I saw some of their stuff. Wasn't at all impressed. Bulky and heavy, and reminded me of the Phillipine made line of CAS Iberia. Their stage steel stuff looked even worse.

In my opinion, for the price, you're much better off going to MRL.
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Thu 11 Nov, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

save your money. i've handled all of their "live steel" blades and would much rather have a starfire crowbar to theirclub o steel
Heather Whitlock

PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Originally I thought it was kind of cool to have a store like Knights Edge right by my house, but then I was told that I needed an appointment to go in.
I remember many moons ago requesting a catalog from them and NEVER receiving one. So a friend of mine gave me a copy of his. I was truly not impressed. They sell the same products as MRL but they up the prices. Their stage combat sword look like stage combat swords, and I'm sure they make a clack noise when you hit them together.
Again, just as many of you have already said, I would go with MRL or even Atlanta Cutlery. Same company, but AC sometimes give better deals. And if it's just to bang around, you can even check Bud-K. I do not recommend their stuff all the time, but there have been a few good buys that I have come across.
Heather
Adam Lloyd

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

tons of their stuff is really over heavy and not very good. you could do better with MRL for similar prices. I'd also buy hanwei, cold steel, or kris cutlery over them. I guess I'm saying i'd put knights edge near last on my own list

also, its funny that they call it "knights edge" because a lot of their stuff does not have edges!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Knight's Edge? Crap?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic