16th century armourstand
HI Guys!

I just received my new landsknecht armour, and on that account i want to store it correctly when in the field. Does anyone know i some sources on 16th century armour stands or general storage?

I can't really find anything on the armour stand, only a fem images of armour hung on walls, but that's not really possible in a tent. Maybe it was kept in chests of some sort or something? Unfortunately I haven't found anything of that sort either.

I hope you can help me. :)

Regards
Anders
I recall seeing images of Landsknechts on the march wearing their armour, so I'm not sure it would have been transported in a chest or kept on a stand at camp (more stuff to transport). Maybe just hung on a nail or laid on the ground.
Maybe i was a bit unclear. I didn't really imagine it as a way of transport, more as a way of storage in the camp. I am suppose to portrait a landsknecht officer of some sort, which is why I presume that they wouldn't store it on the ground or something similar, even though regular soldiers might have.

I am not necessarily looking for landsknecht specific sources, just something from around the first half of the 16th century.
I think armour chests are documented, and more useful than a stand.
I believe there are several a doccumented "armour chests" in London from the mid 15th century, as it is explained here:

http://www.marhamchurchantiques.com/antique/e...rers-chest

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: