Custom Handmade Scabbard: Albion Valkyrja 3-24-12
Hello myArmoury community,

I'd like to share my latest scabbard commission with you, the Albion Valkyrja. It features a wool lined wooden core, handmade slide, custom tooling design, and complimentary aging. These types of scabbards are always a little more involved than others, but once completed end up being my favorites.

Please feel free to chime in and comment or ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking, and more can be seen here: http://www.dbkcustomswords.com/custscabbs/KRAlbionValkyrja.html

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Great looking scabbard, rich detail and completely harmonious with the style of the sword furniture.

And all this in addition to your usual high quality and tasteful work. :D :cool:
love the detail on the chape .. did you cast it?
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Great looking scabbard, rich detail and completely harmonious with the style of the sword furniture.

And all this in addition to your usual high quality and tasteful work. :D :cool:

Thank you Jean. You always have something very nice to say, and I must reply to say that I really appreciate the kind words :cool:

Randy W wrote:
love the detail on the chape .. did you cast it?

It was customer provided, but I'm 99% sure it came from Mercia Sveiter. However, I did touch it up with a little DBK custom work.
Nicest scabbard I have ever seen you make brian. :cool:
This is spectacular work.
Absolutely jaw-dropping. If I ever feel the need for a custom scabbard, I know where I'm going.
Great work - scabbards often don't get the attention they deserve!

Herbert
Wow, thank you everyone. I appreciate the great compliments.

G K Vaughn wrote:
Absolutely jaw-dropping. If I ever feel the need for a custom scabbard, I know where I'm going.

I've often echoed the words that the scabbard is the frame, and the sword is the picture. They compliment each other, and together they make a complete set. One shouldn't go without the other!
Once again, this is simply stunning work, awe-inspiring in fact. Thanks for sharing it.
Jean Thibodeau stated:
Quote:

My exact thoughts. Too often I see a magnificent scabbard that lacks continuity with the piece it was made for. Incredible work for an incredible sword.
As an aside, I believe Albion has sold the entire, limited amount of the Valkyrja. The sword itself with this scabbard? Fabulous.

Best, Jon
Thanks!

I think we should petition Albion to make some more. I know I'd be one of the first in line.
Brian K. wrote:

I think we should petition Albion to make some more. I know I'd be one of the first in line.

I don't think that they should make more Valkyrjas - maybe something similar, but distinct in its own right.

Of course, you can still get an Ulvbane.

I'm one of the lucky 100 to have a Valkyrja.

And that is another wonderful scabbard, Brian. One of these days I must get one - maybe for my Albion Oakeshott
Brian K. wrote:
Thanks!

I wish I had got one as well. For something similar, Rob Miller and Jeffrey Robinson make a version of the original sword.
Amazing work on the Valkyrja scabbard Brian! I can only hope that the scabbard I have waiting in your queue for my Vinland is equally stunning. Your work is beyond top notch!
Brian:

Perhaps there could be an occasion where you show us the step by step process of one of your creations. A lot could be learned I'm sure.

Thanks, Jon

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: