Rondel Dagger
Hey folks.. here is my version of a Rondel dagger. Mine has a 11 3/4" blade composed of heavily etched antique wrought iron, scrap band saw blade steel, home made shear steel and W2. The total length is 17 1/4". The guard and pommel are from my usual antique wrought iron stash and the handle is composed of amboyna scales spaced by ironwood. There are also linen braid wraps that are 'stabilized' with a home made pine resin 'shellac'. The blade is very thin and lively... 3/16" at the guard with much distal taper. Hollow ground bevels.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Wow.....beautiful Scott!
Speechless !!!!!!!! amazing work the handle and the hard were fit perfectly. I love the dark look, something wicked about it.
Thank you for the kind words. I am very happy with out this one came out. It is also very lovely to hold....
Beautiful work! Love the wood!
Harmonious colours, textures, detail work plus the natural beauty of the wood grain reinforcing the beauty of the blade pattern welding. :D :cool:

Real fine arts shown here beyond " just " weapon making arts that are also very impressive in themselves.
holy geez man, W2! it may never go dull. if used within reason :)

i missed the file work when i first looked it over, that looks like the rolling ribbon pattern on the upper rondel?
Trying to scrape my jaw off the floor... that's a stunning piece of work!
I really appreciate the comments.

I NEED to take better pictures because these are failing to show the nice iron texture in the front of the guard.... as well as the nice, thin side profile. This might be a bit more delicate than the actual weapons... but I believe that the W2 core would suffice for good penetration... :-)

Last edited by Scott Roush on Tue 20 Mar, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian S LaSpina wrote:
Trying to scrape my jaw off the floor... that's a stunning piece of work!

When you're done, could you bring me a shovel so that I can do likewise?

Gorgeous work, sir.
Wow, that is absolutely stunning! I have to third the "jaw on the floor" notion!
Beautiful work Scott! You are a true artist! Very nice proportions.
That's real pretty...work of art!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: