Norman Artifacts
Hello everyone!

Some of you might know I've been making a Norman kite shield and thanks to all those lovely people and their support I'm getting closer to my goal!

I've become quite interested in the Normans though and I want to know more about them. What I'd like to see are more pictorial artforms of theirs, like the Bayeux Tapestry. There are images floating around of caskets and tomb effigies too but bugger me if I could ever find them on Google.

If anybody knows where I can find some more of their artworks such as carvings, embroideries, stained glass (if there are any surviving examples of Norman stained glass or if they practiced it), etc then I would be very happy.

Thanks!
Welcome to the site and reading your profile I can say that I'm also a great fan of sleep. :D :cool:

Not exactly a specific answer to your questions, but here is an interesting article about the Normans written by fellow " myArmoury " member on the Albion site, On-line Articles that you might enjoy:

http://www.albion-swords.com/articles/norman.htm

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Hah, thanks man! :lol: I really should do it properly, I never filled it in but I'll get around to that in the end.

This article looks good, I'll have a read of it now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I think I've seen this article before, but I never got around to looking at it. Now is my chance! :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: