Northern European Helmet Zischagge need help
Hi everybody,
I urgently need an opinion on this NORTHERN EUROPEAN HELMET ZISCHAGGE said to be from the 17 TH Century, as i don’t have any knowledge in this kind of helmets. I ‘m sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, they were taken with my cellphone. I will be very happy to have some opinions and to be informed in the case that this helmet has something suspicious, for example the Nasal protection or Ear plates ….
I hope I will have some advice about this helmet.
Regards

Cerjak

Attachment: 91.28 KB
he2.jpg

Attachment: 106.16 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 91.09 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 111.41 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 115.48 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 124.14 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 110.13 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 123.11 KB
[ Download ]
more pics
more pics regarding this helmet

Attachment: 125.83 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 163.75 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 135.1 KB
[ Download ]
Cerjak, based purely on the photos this helmet seems by and large to be legit. The ear plates may be on replaced leathers, but it looks constructionall right for a norther European ( this example for no particular reason has perhaps a Swedish feel to me ). The bowl is a bit nicer than some of the more common examples of the type. It has been at some point in the past most likely laqured which has to some extent flaked off. Of course not being able to see the piece in person this is just my best guess based on photos.
Northern European Helmet
Hi,

My opinion is that it is genuine (also based on the photos). Although the earpieces and the nasal bar are very close to the one I have, the helmet in question seems to be of a better quality; re: one piece bowl and other details. Have seen and/or examined many helmets of this type, but nothing quite like this piece so I suspect Allan is correct about the origin.
Mine is possibly English or Dutch (see photos for comparison).

Regards,
Dan

Attachment: 13.52 KB
CIMG1660.JPG

Attachment: 12.11 KB
CIMG1661.JPG

Attachment: 12.72 KB
CIMG1662.JPG

Attachment: 17.64 KB
CIMG1663.JPG

standard weight from Zischagge helmets
standard weight from Zischagge helmets

I have a question about the standard weight from those helmets .
I found some descriptions from similar ZISCHAGGE and was confused to see that the weight was around 1800 gr / 4 lbs but the weight from my helmet is around 4000gr/ 9 lbs .
So two times more !
I hope that somebody could explain me why there is a so big difference.

Cerjak
Re: Northern European Helmet Zischagge need help
Hello Cerjak,
I think that this helmet is the real thing and a good example. It may have been painted up later in life for stage use or decoration. obviously it is hard to tell from the photos, but I always look at the screw thread on the nasal holder, the rivets and the rolled edges, just to be sure. The overlapping plated skull does not show on the inside, therefore it is possibly additional protection and may be adding to the weight, which is much more than average. I an going to suggest Polish for Siege use.
I am very new to armoury.com and just feeling my way.

Cerjak JL wrote:
Hi everybody,
I urgently need an opinion on this NORTHERN EUROPEAN HELMET ZISCHAGGE said to be from the 17 TH Century, as i don’t have any knowledge in this kind of helmets. I ‘m sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, they were taken with my cellphone. I will be very happy to have some opinions and to be informed in the case that this helmet has something suspicious, for example the Nasal protection or Ear plates ….
I hope I will have some advice about this helmet.
Regards

Cerjak

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: