short sword
I have just finished this sword,
I have been making seax and axes for a while now and its nice to do a sword again.

Monosteel blade,Pig leather over chord handle, hot peened pommel and gold onlayed makers mark.

the brief was quite open and I must admit I did not measure the blade , just made it until it felt "rite"
weight just over 2lb.....

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
What a nice looking sword--no frills, no odd shapes, no 'baggage.' Form and function have merged here. Is the maker's mark a face? it kind of looks like this :D
Makers mark is OB in a circle , its been my smithing mark for 17 years. I have never until now found a way of putting it on a ground finished blade .
I dont like etched marks and stamping would not work with my making method.
I am interested in whether you all like it or not.
I like it very much :D Will this be for sale, or was it a commission?
Ah I see! I like it--simple, clean, and elegant
This sword looks like a truly authentic warrior's weapon with a ton of natural character. It's always refreshing to see something truly unique. I love that it's not a perfectly finished, CNCed produced, cookie-cutter sword - there are too many of those on the market today - we need more work like yours out there available for collectors.

Beautiful work. I'd love to have one of your blades in my collection. :)
I rather like the contrast between the polished face and hammer worked edge of your pommel. It gives it a real handwork feel.

mackenzie
thanks for the kind comments, this sword was a commission and was collected yesterday.
Nice piece Owen.

It looks like a really nifty little sword and I love the mark onlay.

More swords please.

Tod

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: