Odinblades Acid Etching WIP
Hey guys,

Got two pieces here getting ready for acid etching. Resist is already developed. They're touched up and ready for tape.

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0031 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0032 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0033 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0023 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0024 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0025 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0026 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

[ Linked Image ]
DSCF0027 (Medium) by LongshipArmoury, on Flickr

Enjoy!
Great stuff John. I was amazed at the depth and sharpness of etching you were displaying on a table so many years ago. Your methodology opens a great canvas to produce and project just about anything onto metals.

Cheers

GC
Being fortunate enough to own an etched piece already by John I must say.....he does fantastic work.

I'm unsurprised that these other pieces will be awesome as well.
I wrote an article on him once apon a time and one of the things that stood out to me the most was his etching background. Did you know that he had a part of etching plaques on the statue of liberty?

Last edited by Matthew Stagmer on Mon 27 Feb, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matthew Stagmer wrote:
I wrote an article on him once apon a time and one of the things that stood out to me the most was etching background. Did you know that he had a part of etching plaques on the statue of liberty?

Yes, familiar with John's work from a tutorial he posted in 2003 where he described his work on Ellis Island. Is that work you are referring to?
http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19927

Good stuff and it always good John gets recognition for his multi talented endeavors.

Cheers

GC
Glen A Cleeton wrote:
Matthew Stagmer wrote:
I wrote an article on him once apon a time and one of the things that stood out to me the most was etching background. Did you know that he had a part of etching plaques on the statue of liberty?

Yes, familiar with John's work from a tutorial he posted in 2003 where he described his work on Ellis Island. Is that work you are referring to?
http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19927

Good stuff and it always good John gets recognition for his multi talented endeavors.

Cheers

GC
We also did all the stainless steels plaques for Hayden planetarium and a bunch of others. Thanks God just do swords now as my shoulders aren't what they used to be.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: