Hey, I resemble that remark ;)

I just adopted an Arms&Armor #112 Friedrich IV Spear from Joe Fults here at myArmoury and I couldn't be happier, it is quite a spear.

A question here for any familiar with the piece and I continue to look for the description of the writing on one side of the piece.

Does anyone know what it reads as? Does it roughly spell out Duke Fredrick?

A second wonderment is the size of the piece. For all the years I have had this piece on my own lists, I have never looked at the background on the piece until now. One picture I did find shows a much larger piece than the reproduction. The original appears to be half again as large. The reproduction is 30cm overall vs 42cm for the original. That is a huge difference but I could also see where an exacting piece might then be half again as costly. Has A&A ever considered a full size?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HJRK_A_32_-...._1430.jpg

The current size (as fitted) suits me just fine as I can fit it in my own armory standing up. This one I will lean on a lot. My spontoon is too tall to walk around in this low ceiling, so it is usually unscrewed to stow away. Nice piece, no regrets.

Cheers

GC