For Sale: Spanish Style Breast and Back.
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This breast and back is $550 new. It has a Spanish Conquistador look to it. It doesn't fit me at all. I am 5'7", 170lb, big bellied and shouldered. It might fit someone better that is tall and thin.
The metal appears hand hammered, and the edges are nicely rolled. It mostly sits in the corner as a very expensive decoration or the world's most expensive door-stop. I would like $300 for it. Buyer pays shipping.
The Gorget/Pauldrons in the picture is are also for sale, but not included with this item: see my other posting.

Attachment: 218.5 KB
DSC_0572 (600x394).jpg

Tom,
The dimensions are as follows:
Neck is 5" x 8" tight to the shoulders. It is just big enough for my neck which is 16.5", but not enough room for my shoulders. The neck line is virtually straight across the nape of the neck, which looks to be normal for 16'th/17'th century Spanish breasts.
The Body is 44" arround the waist line, although the cross section is slightly oval with running across the width. The depth at the same level is 11" transversely. With the breast and back closed and sitting upright on the floor, it measures 21" from the neckline to the floor. The stomach area is quite rounded, and I am not sure how to account for that with regards to fitting.
I am 5'7" and 170 lbs. With the crest at the nape of my neck, it is just long enough to miss my waist and be force to close over the top of my hips, which makes movement just about impossible and large gaps to each side. I had highly considered having it altered by an armourer here in the US, which I am told there are a few arround who have reasonable prices. I also very highly considered taking the back off and having it restraped just as a breast only. The Inner Bailey does all of my leatherwork like that and their prices are more than reasonable.
The Breat/Back has a very Spanish Conquistador flavor, with the dished belly, straight neck, and large arm openings. With a puffy sleeved doublet and a morion, you would be set for a 16'th C kit.

Philip
For Sale: Breast and Back

PRICE REDUCED: $200 USD + shipping

This breast and back is $550 new. It has a Spanish look to it. I have had it for a few years. It doesn't fit me at all. I am 5'7", 170lb, big bellied and shouldered. It might fit someone better that is tall and thin.The metal appears hand hammered, and the edges are nicely rolled. It mostly sits in the corner as a very expensive decoration or the world's most expensive door-stop. I would like $200 for it. Buyer pays shipping.The Gorget/Pauldrons in the picture is are also for sale, but not included with this item: see my other posting.
The dimensions are as follows:Neck is 5" x 8" tight to the shoulders. It is just big enough for my neck which is 16.5", but not enough room for my shoulders. The neck line is virtually straight across the nape of the neck, which looks to be normal for 16'th/17'th century Spanish breasts.The Body is 44" arround the waist line, although the cross section is slightly oval with running across the width. The depth at the same level is 11" transversely. With the breast and back closed and sitting upright on the floor, it measures 21" from the neckline to the floor. The stomach area is quite rounded, and I am not sure how to account for that with regards to fitting.I am 5'7" and 170 lbs. With the crest at the nape of my neck, it is just long enough to miss my waist and be force to close over the top of my hips, which makes movement just about impossible and large gaps to each side. I had highly considered having it altered by an armourer here in the US, which I am told there are a few around who have reasonable prices. I heard there is a Blacksmith school in Charleston SC about an hour away from me and I considered taking it there to have altered. I also very highly considered taking the back off and having it re-strapped just as a breast only. The Inner Bailey does all of my leatherwork like that and their prices are more than reasonable.

DSC_0572 (600x394).jpg

For Sale: Breast

PRICE REDUCED: $200 USD + shipping

This breast and back is $550 new. It has a Spanish look to it. I have had it for a few years. It doesn't fit me at all. I am 5'7", 170lb, big bellied and shouldered. It might fit someone better that is tall and thin.The metal appears hand hammered, and the edges are nicely rolled. It mostly sits in the corner as a very expensive decoration or the world's most expensive door-stop. I would like $200 for it. Buyer pays shipping.The Gorget/Pauldrons in the picture is are also for sale, but not included with this item: see my other posting.
The dimensions are as follows:Neck is 5" x 8" tight to the shoulders. It is just big enough for my neck which is 16.5", but not enough room for my shoulders. The neck line is virtually straight across the nape of the neck, which looks to be normal for 16'th/17'th century Spanish breasts.The Body is 44" around the waist line, although the cross section is slightly oval with running across the width. The depth at the same level is 11" transversely. With the breast and back closed and sitting upright on the floor, it measures 21" from the neckline to the floor. The stomach area is quite rounded, and I am not sure how to account for that with regards to fitting.I am 5'7" and 170 lbs. With the crest at the nape of my neck, it is just long enough to miss my waist and be force to close over the top of my hips, which makes movement just about impossible and large gaps to each side. I had highly considered having it altered by an armourer here in the US, which I am told there are a few around who have reasonable prices. I heard there is a Blacksmith school in Charleston SC about an hour away from me and I considered taking it there to have altered. I also very highly considered taking the back off and having it re-strapped just as a breast only. The Inner Bailey does all of my leatherwork like that and their prices are more than reasonable.

DSC_0572 (600x394).jpg

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: