Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > USMC officer Mameluke Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Joe Yurgil

PostPosted: Mon 08 Nov, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David R. Glier wrote:
With off-base housing being like it is, that shouldn't be too much of an issue... I had friends with their own houses when they were still butterbars. Confused I guess it depends on where you put your money.

Joe, would you mind pointing out the specific regs in question?

This is true. And I wonder if there is a difference in the rules for officers and NCOs.

I found this site that has the regs. The ones for the officer sword are at the bottom. http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcub/library/MCUR/URCH3.htm
Joe Yurgil

PostPosted: Mon 08 Nov, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tom Wegener wrote:
Joe, one thing as an old corporal I can tell you . You will have to store your sword at the armory if you put a functional blade on it . Regs state that no Marine can store a weapon in his or her billet , and if you do put a good blade on it you will be in that catagory .

The worst thing I can say now is your sword will NOT get good attention in the armory . The rifles and handguns we use are always kept in top condition , but the swords are more often just tossed in the corner . I can tell you this from experience . I made the mistake of buying my own NCO sword and it was ruined within 2 years . The hilt looked like it had been run over by a tank . The base ( ie. the drawn weapons ) swords were kept in much better conditions than personal ones .

My sugestion is to WAIT till you make Captain or are about to get out of the Corps befor you purcase one , by that time you will know the exact leanght of the blade you will need and have an off base apartment or house . Once you can afford off base living you can then keep things like your sword's and personal weapons in your home .

Again , to emphasize , YOU WILL HAVE TO TURN IT INTO THE ARMORY if you buy your own , not something I would recomend with a nice sword .

Thanks for the heads up on this, i'll have to make sure im ok on this before i go getting a sword made.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > USMC officer Mameluke
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: