This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have recently discussed that my collection has grown too large. I have a lot of money tied up in my collection and it takes up a ton of space. I want to upgrade the rest of my life and that requires I make some hard choices and unload some of my prized possessions. Please help me raise some cash and make some room so I can move into a better place. You, yes you, can make a difference.

I have for sale a customized Windlass Steelcrafts German bastard sword

This is the Windlass / Museum Replicas version of the Wallace Collection A477 sword. It is described by the maker like this:

Quote:
This sword is a replica of number A477 from the famed Wallace Collection. Primarily a cutting sword, with a wide blade that has a flattened oval cross section that gives very little resistance in a cutting blow. A perfect example of a true bastard sword. The proportions of the sword are that of a one handed sword, but with a slightly longer grip and a pommel shape that will allow two hands to be used. The grip is wood covered in cord and leather. The long quillon has a decorative finial on the end and the side rings provide good hand protection. Well tempered high carbon steel blade by Windlass Steelcrafts®. Scabbard with antiqued parts included.

The Windlass German Bastard Sword was released years ago and then it was discontinued. It recently was brought back by Museum Replicas and is currently available for sale on their site. As far as I know, the new version is the same as the old version.

This is the original version with a lot of customization added to it. The grip was replaced with a cord under-wrap beneath oxblood leather. Risers were added to to give a better feel. The cheap blackening on the factory version was removed and it is now satin-finished steel. The blade came from Museum Replicas with a factory-sharpened edge that I've resharpened. It's now sharp as hell and ready for cutting. The blade has been refinished to a Scotchbright satin finish, resulting in a much more refined appearance than the awkward factory sorta-mirror finish.

Photos of the actual sword being offered for sale here:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Click photos for full-sized versions

Approximate measurements:

Overall length: 38.25"
Weight: 3.8 pounds
Blade: 30" long; 2.125" wide at base
Point of Balance (PoB): 3" from guard
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~18.5" from guard

Additional info:

I bought this piece originally with myArmoury.com money with the intention of giving it away as a prize. When it arrived, I was surprised at how awesome it was and so I paid myArmoury.com back and kept it for myself. I thought it would make a good project blade and eventually intended to use it for cutting practice. I never got around to doing any real cutting with it, but that's okay, as hopefully one of you will snag it up and use it. I'd keep this thing, but with me needing to downsize my collection and pay my taxes, this stuff has to go.

MY ASKING PRICE: $210 or best offer

Direct from Museum Replicas without any modifications, the sharpened sword costs $233 plus shipping. My asking price is less and you get all the customization! I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee. Shipping is extra.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

[ Linked Image ]