Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Arma Bohemia 13th-14th c. BaselardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: For Sale: Arma Bohemia 13th-14th c. Baselard         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have recently discussed that my collection has grown too large. I have a lot of money tied up in my collection and it takes up a ton of space. I want to upgrade the rest of my life and that requires I make some hard choices and unload some of my prized possessions. Please help me raise some cash and make some room so I can move into a better place. You, yes you, can make a difference.

I have for sale a custom-made 13th-14th century baselard dagger from Arma Bohemia.

This one-of-a-kind dagger is of a type recently discussed on our forum. It's likely of a style dated to the 14th century, but some examples are late 13th in origin. This piece has the "caged" scabbard often found to match this style. It has a wooden core and iron/steel fittings over red leather.

The grip is of a dark brown wood of unknown type. It has an attractive loose grain that has voids that add to the visual interest (it reminds me of wenge, but I would be surprised if it is). The grip is comprised of a top and bottom plate of iron/steel and has a decorative tang button where the peen is. The blade is edged, but is not tremendously sharp. It is not a blunt, however, so if that is what you're looking for, you'll have to dull it down yourself. It could be sharpened more if that is your thing (I prefer it now, as it's "sword sharp" currently ).

This is a very large dagger. It's almost a short sword, like the Swiss swords of this style. It's a formidable weapon and would make for a fantastic secondary sidearm. This is a working man's piece. It was not made to be a pristine museum piece and the price reflects this. It would be perfect for those doing living history or other forms of re-enactment. I imagine it hanging from the belt of a soldier carrying a polearm, crossbow, or some other primary weapon.

Approximate Measurements:

Overall length: 21.25"
Weight: 1 pound, 1 ounc
Blade: 15.25" long; 1.875" wide tapering to .375"
Hilt length: 5.875"

Additional info:

This is still listed on the Arma Bohemia site for 280 € (around $360). My price is discounted from this a considerable amount. I am the second owner and purchased it to complete a representative collection of dagger types. I've got a second baselard of a different type entirely, so I still am able to keep a complete set together. One of them has to go and this is the last to come in so here it is.

MY ASKING PRICE: $290

I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee. Shipping is extra.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

Photographed with other daggers to show scale:

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Arma Bohemia 13th-14th c. BaselardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic