Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Contest: Choose Your Weapon!
Choose Your Weapon Contest!

Hey everybody it's that time for another world famous myArmoury.com giveaway! This time, we have two brand new swords we're handing out thanks to the contribution of a vendor you may not yet know:

[ Linked Image ]

Edge Fair is the CASI / Hanwei storefront. They sell both catalog and exclusive items from Hanwei and GDFB, run daily specials, and offer coupons and other savings direct to their customers. If you haven't checked them out yet, please do. They have some items on there that aren't available anywhere else.

Last fall, the guys at CASI / Hanwei asked us to choose our weapon and we did! They reached out to the members of myArmoury.com and ran a survey asking for us to vote on items that we'd like to receive as prizes for an upcoming contest. The votes were tallied and the top two picks were sent to me shortly after. I've had the prizes for a couple months and now the time has come to run this contest and give 'em away to two lucky winners!

[ Linked Image ]

THE PRIZES:

Here are the two prizes along with the manufacturer's descriptions and measurements:

Tinker Great Sword of War

[ Linked Image ]

The Tinker Great Sword of War is designed and crafted purely as a cutting sword and, weighing in at a little less than four pounds, it is built to excel on heavy targets. The 11” grip provides excellent leverage and static and dynamic balance are to Tinker’s demanding standards. The blade is again forged in 5160 and marquenched to HRc50-52. The hilt is retained by Tinker’s signature recessed sleeve mounting system, providing secure retention and easy hilt tightening, using the Allen wrench provided.

Overall: 47 5/8"
Blade Length: 35 7/8"
Handle Length: 11"
Weight: 3lb 14oz
Blade Steel: 5160 Steel

Irish Viking Sword

[ Linked Image ]

Based on the remains of a sword excavated in Ireland and attributed to the early 10th century, the latest addition to our line of Viking swords has elegantly classic lines, cuts well and handles beautifully. The profile and distal tapers of the blade, combined with the characteristically wide fuller, make for a slightly weight-forward balance, providing the slashing power characteristic of Viking blades. The curved guard and pommel, combined with the spiral leather wrap on the grip, provide for comfortable handling, while the deep brown leather covering of the scabbard and grip wrap make this one of our most attractive Viking swords.

Overall: 34 1/2"
Blade Length: 28 1/4"
Handle Length: 5 1/2"
Weight: 2lb 5oz
Point of Balance: 4 1/2"
Blade Steel: 5160

[ Linked Image ]

Please take a moment to visit the Edge Fair Web site and give these guys a huge thanks for not only giving these prizes away for free, but also asking us all exactly what we wanted. That's a pretty huge deal. Let 'em know.

This contest is open to all myArmoury.com members.

There is no twist. If you are a member of myArmoury.com, you can enter this contest. It's free and open to everyone.

Follow the instructions shown in this button:

[ Linked Image ]

• If the button says to click it to enter, just click it. If it doesn't say you can enter, it will let you know. Easy, right?
  • Make sure you're logged-in before you try to enter.
  • Contest entry is open until Monday February 27, 2012 at Midnight PST.
  • All participants will be entered into a drawing and the winning names will be randomly selected later that same day.
  • Domestic shipping charges are included with the winning prize, but international winners will be required to pay for shipping.

Good luck to everyone!!

Contest-specific rules and limitations:

1. You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com
  2. myArmoury.com moderators and Team Members are not eligible to win
  3. Shipping charges are included for winners located in the continental US
  4. Should the winning entrant choose not to accept the prize, another winner will be selected

Please read our detailed Rules and Limitations document for complete information and our disclaimer.

Glad to see this contest is finally coming to fruition :D

Thanks Nathan for holding these contest, they are always awesome.
And thanks Edge Fair for donating the swords.

That said, I really want to win the Great Sword of War.
Great Joel, you can have that one, and I'll take the Irish, which is just gorgeous. All taken care of! :P
Three cheers to Nathan for making myArmoury what it is for contests like this!
This is great. Thanks to the sponsors and organisers. Some great looking swords!
Great prizes for a contest. I have owned the H/T Great Sword of War and it's a very well made sword, well balanced and great cutter. I would really like to own the Irish Viking Sword. Thanks Nathan and thanks to Edge Fair for this great contest. Good luck to us all!
ooohhh!
a tinker great sword of war... wouldn't that make for a nice birthday! :D
Woot that was nice of edge fair. See a few interesting items on there but none of them seems to be in stock. Also, anyone notice where their daily specials are? Couldn't find it...maybe I'm going blind.
Either of these would a great addition for my kits :D (1415 harness and viking kit)

Someone will be very lucky!
I'm really liking both of them. However I've been pining over a viking style sword for years.
A thanks to CAS/Hanwei and myArmoury.com for making this contest available to all...
A chance to win a free sword, you say? Don't mind if I do! :)
Mmmmm....................free swords.............. :D Thanks Edge Fair!
I come back after absence and what do I see? A chance to win something, yay.
Good luck to everyone who's entered!

M.
Very nice prizes, and good luck to everyone who enters. :D :cool:
Good luck to all. Thank you to EdgeFair for donating the prizes!
Less than a week active, this contest already has over 350 entries!
Thanks for the contest and the prizes!

Good luck all!
Thank you for this wonderful contest. Good luck, everyone!
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: